Chapter 5

Harry’s POV

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay for the night here?” Niall asked me.

That’s a nice idea. I could spend time with-No, I wish I could stay with them but Nana needs me there in the house.

“Oh no, I’m good. My grandma’s going to need me sooner or later.” I answer. I hope they don’t feel disappointed about it.

“Oh, is that so? Good bye then.” Lara says with a blank reaction. She is disappointed, I can tell by her brown eyes shaking like it’s about to leak water streams down her cheek. And for that, I want to slap myself.

“Good bye, lads. I really had fun. Until next time again.” I say as I turn the knob and went out of their hotel room. Oh my God Harry, why do you have to be so difficult?

I took the stairs down, not wanting to take the small elevator in the fear that my claustrophobia will attack me again. Pretty tiring, yes, but it’s the best I can do to keep myself safe. I can’t be in the hospital always; my Nana would be really alone.

All the way down to the parking lot was very quiet; no sound was heard except from the soft clacking of the sole of my rubber shoes to the tiled floor.

I took my truck and drove back to our house. Cabin, to be specific.

While I drive, I fumbled with the radio and ended up with nothing good to hear. I hate these times when it is boring as hell, when I don’t know what to do except now when I thought about my phone. I pulled it out and saw a message from an unknown number.

“Good night, Styles. It’s Lara. x” It says. Wow, talking to the doctor about one’s personal information sure is an advantage.

I tapped along the on-screen keypad to reply. “Good night, sweet dreams to you and Niall.” I replied. I really am not good at text messages. And I really hope that it doesn’t disappoint Lara again.

After a few minutes, I arrived at our cabin. Some old music was playing in a vinyl record and Nana’s silhouette through the window tells me that she is dancing with the music which somehow makes me laugh.

Searched my pockets for the keys and damn! I forgot it in the house when I left this morning. I decided to knock and soon, my grandma opened the front door.

“Hey there, Harry.” She says and walks me in, resting her right hand on my shoulder and holding my free hand with the other. I get it; she wants to dance, right?

“Hello, Nana.” I smile as we moved around in circles. She somehow dances like my mother, her being my mom’s mother. I step my left foot forward, she moves her right back. Then it goes alternately to us as we turn around slowly. “How was your day?”

“I’m good. I made French toast for dinner, with pasta, of course.” She says, pointing her head towards the table. There were six French toasts and a huge bowl of white pasta.

“Have you eaten?” I ask her as we continued dancing with our eyes closed.

“Not yet, Harry. Do you want to eat now?”

“Sure, I’m hungry as hell!” I exclaimed as I let go of her hand and we walked to the table with the music still playing in the background.

“So, how was your love?” She asks while we both sat down. What? Lara isn’t my love. I mean, yes she is, but she doesn’t love me back. You can’t tell that its love when only one likes the other, right?

“She doesn’t like me back, Nana. It’s like destiny doesn’t want us to be together.” I say, looking down at the table as I spin my fork along the pasta in my plate. “I sound pathetic, right? I am coming after her Lara even though I know we won’t be together. I am very immature.” I admit to myself.