Chapter 7

Lara’s POV

I walked in the enormous cottage the guy from a while ago told me about, just because it has a party going on. I paid the fee, but ignored the surfing lessons. Liam, Louis and Danielle have taught me enough, I have had enough wounds from corals. That is exactly why I can’t get a tattoo, even the slightest pain I get, I give up easily.

But right now, I’m in a lot of pain and the fucking alcohol is my damn way of giving up. I still can’t believe that Beck betrayed me. She was just standing there, pretending she doesn’t fucking know me while the mall security arrests me of stealing a shitty hat.

Fuck Beck, I thought. I don’t need her.

Lastly, I saw Zayn. I really saw him. His golden eyes and plump lips are at me. And the fuck, he bailed me out of jail.

I sat down on the bar on a stool and ordered a bottle of vodka. I never liked this; its bitterness is a pain in the ass. The bartender handed me the bottle and gulped it down. I noticed the bartender looking at me with disgust and I glare back at him.

“What are you fucking looking at?” I ask him. He shook his head no and walked towards another costumer three seats away from me. “That’s what I thought.”

The familiar taste of the bitter vodka filled my taste buds and it whispers something to my ear. Literally whispers. “I thought you would only drink once?” My eyes opened my eyes wide as I feel warm breath pushing through the back of my ear.

Fuck.

I won’t dare to look at my right. I won’t dare to look at his golden eyes. I won’t dare to even see him in his presence. What is he doing here?

“What are you doing here?” I ask him.

“I was watching you the whole time you were here, babe.” His words made my goose bumps spring out of my skin wildly. He just called me babe.

“Since I was in England?” I can feel him nod. “I want… I need you to go away from me.”

“But the problem is, Lara, I won’t go away. I will get you back.” He replies and I almost give my tears up from his words, his mentioning of my name.

“Please, Zayn. Please go away.” I still won’t dare to look at his devilish smirk he holds right now.

“I won’t. I will get you back, Lara. I will destroy everyone you love for you to get back to me. I will, Lara. I can destroy your loved ones like Niall, Louis, Liam, Eleanor, Beck, Danielle, everyone, Lara. Harry, even. Do you know what I mean by ‘destroy’, Lara? What I mean by that is to kill.” He whispers. And with those words I started to cry.

“Please, Zayn. I will do anything, just stay away from us. Them. Me. Stay away from us.”

“I will stay away from them. But not you, Lara. You come back to me and I will leave ‘them’ alone, but not you.” He grabbed my wrists to drag me out of the cottage and maybe to his dirty ass truck he always has. But why would he bring that junk here in England for no apparent reason, if he could buy his own Ferrari with the shit load of money he has?

As I was about to get off the chair forcefully, Zayn was pulled off by Nicholas from his seat.

Right, the dude’s name was Nicholas Cross.

I look at them. I finally looked at Zayn and his golden eyes, at his plump lips and wavy dark hair. His perfect face staring at me while he fights Nicholas. Zayn’s knuckles hits Nicholas’s jaws and he returns the favor. Just like Zayn and Niall again, but now I’m not attacked. Somehow I am calmed by the alcohol in my veins. It’s my disadvantage of being a light-drinker; I get drunk easily.