chapter 3

I was lying on my double spring bed, going through some childhood photo albums when Edward made his usual entry in my room, slamming the door and jumping on my bed exclaiming "whoa" excitedly. I hopped on my bed out of fright, though his entrance in my room is most of the time in this way but this one was a bit more dynamic.

"Gosh, Eddie you scared the hell out of me, one more time you do this and the door is going to be in pieces and then mom is going to chop you in pieces.", I sighed turning into sitting position while he chuckled.

"This door has become accustomed to my banging habits, so don't worry", he said playing with my cushions. I gave a broad sarcastic smile and snatched my cushion from him, so he turned on my photographs.

"What is all this Eri, haven't you got some work to do, just wasting your precious time in these old pictures." he asked with a bored look flickering through the pictures.

"Actually I was searching for a novel in the study room when I found these albums so I decided to revive some childhood memories but it's quite weird that I remember absolutely nothing from my childhood." I told him with an absurd look.

"Gosh, Eri why do you take these slight things so seriously just let them go and enjoy your present." He tried to lighten up the stern situation which I had created.

"But I can't reminisce anything from the first six years of my life, don't you find it peculiar?" I questioned him.

"Not at all, it happens with everyone dear, even I can't recall most of the childhood things." His words made me apprehend that I have been penetrating too much in these photos, so I shut the album and cleared my thoughts turning back to the humorous mood.

"Forget it, just one last question Eddie; please answer it if u can." I pleaded.

"Ok go ahead."

"Who is this little boy in the picture, it seems like I know him really well." I interrogated handing over the picture to him.

"You don't remember him Eri; he is Keith Maxwell, your childhood rival." He answered surprisingly glaring at the picture.

"When you were a kid, you had lots of conflicts with him, you guys used to fight and exchange blows all the time. Keith was an outraged and short tempered person. You both were like opposite ends of a pole; completely different from each other and that was the reason for all the clashes you had with him." Eddie imparted throwing me into deep thoughts again.

"I met him in school today", I blurted out waiting for his expression.

"Whaaatttt!!!!" he sprung up on the bed stunningly, widening his eyes.

"I met him in school today", I repeated emphasizing on each word.

"Did you guys clash again?" he asked curiously.

"Yeah, actually I bumped into him and he fumed at me for that, and then I realized that I know him but I wasn't able to evoke. Then I had to sit beside him in the physics class where we again had an argument and he threatened me but I couldn't care less." I responded rolling my eyes.

"I should suggest you to stay away from him but I know that if he is a dangerous guy than my sister is more vigorous than him and she will teach him a stringent lesson if he troubles her, the way she did in childhood, isn't it ?" he asked proudly.

"Absolutely bro" I replied vibrantly.

"Ok now come down for dinner mom must be waiting" he said getting up from my bed and walking towards the door.

"Give me 2 minutes, I will be there" I told. He nodded and went downstairs.

I picked up that picture again and stared at him same dark brown hair, same blue eyes and the same angry look just a difference of height and weight. I thought comparing the young Keith with the grown up one in my mind.

Then I looked at myself, I was very chubby as a kid and had a boyish haircut, giving a wide smile in the picture. I smiled to myself looking at it but I still couldn't recall anything from childhood. Should have eaten almonds. I said to myself.

KEITH

"I can't believe the devil is back in my life." I told Danny and Will while my eyes closed and my head resting on the roof of my car.

Three of us were standing outside my house as I had called both of them to discuss about the revenge with Erica- the lioness.

"But she didn't recognize any of us so I don't she will cause much problem for us" Danny assured me.

"Don't you remember she used to ruin everything we planned in childhood than how can you expect her to remain tranquil this time? I think she is pretending not to remember anything" said Will angrily.

"I don't think she is acting, she is seeing us after an extended leap so maybe she will take time to recognize and after all people remember their friends not foes." I told them trying to clear their doubts.

"Nothing has changed in ten years; she has everything same from her Australian accent to her confidence. But she has become prettier isn't it Keith?" Danny started being sarcastic but this was really a bad joke.

"You think I have a crush on her?" I questioned him in my raised voice.

"I didn't mean that"

"I know very well what you are trying to say; don't forget she has always been a hurdle in our way and she will continue doing it this time as well and I don't want my reputation to get affected due to her so we have to keep an eye on her and no one will befriend her" I warned both of them and the both nodded after all they were my besties so they will listen to me only.

"We have to think of a proficient prank to play on her so that she stays away from me and please you both use your inactive brains and come up with something" I told them agitatedly. Both began the art of thinking which was near to impossible for both of my sly friends.

"We can put a grasshopper in her bag" Danny exclaimed excitedly.

"Wow... what a master plan Danny, I don't understand how can you think so harder and soo deep that you come up with such foolish ideas. Idiot she is not a kid anymore" I scolded her and from the corner of my eyes I could see Will giggling.

"We can hide her books" Danny spoke again.

"For god's sake shut your damn mouth. Grow up please" I pleaded to him furiously and his excitement dropped.

"We can trip her over, this will be very hilarious Keith I swear" he again opened his mouth to utter silly things.

"Ugggghhhhh... Danny please shut up or else I rip you apart I swear" I scratched my head in frustration.

This time Will couldn't control and his giggle turned into fits of laughter.

"You both please go your way, I will figure out something myself, I don't need your help, please go" I said annoyingly.

"Calm down, we are trying to help you just give us some time" Will tried to cool my anger.

"I said goooo away" I screamed and they both ran towards their respective cars.

I've got such stupid friends, they are of no use. Thoughtless people.