Chapter 1

My life is awesome but also a little strange.

It has been twenty years since the great war when a group of terrorists called the Ravens tried to take over the world but they lost. My mom was ten years old when that war started, and it was in that war that she discovered that she had epilepsy. Our world now is different than before the great war to prevent it from happening again. Now everyone has a place, and no one is judged. The only rule that kind of gives me the willies is that once we fall in love, we have to get married. The way we know is that we each have our own little ring that we are born with on our finger, and it disppears when we die. No two people have the same ring. When you fall in love, that person's ring joins your own ring on your ring finger. That way you know right away and you go to the church and get married. If you're underage, the ring won't appear until you're an adult. You can still fall in love after that, but the ring only appears if you cheat on your spouse. That way you know when your spouse has been cheating if they cheat at all. Divorce is banned so you are married for life to the first person you ever fall in love with. Weird. I'm not sure that I like it.