1~Run Away~1

(Your P.O.V)

It was around 2:00 in the morning, and you were quickly dashing through the shadows alongside the interstate, making sure you weren't seen by any stay headlight. The roar of early morning cars would occasionally pass by and you stopped and hid behind a tree when it did, but since it was so early, you walked along the main road. Everyone in their right mind was asleep.

You smiled at the thought.

"I guess I lost mine, then."

Atop your back was a small bag filled with your savings, toiletries, a few medical supplies and some extra clothes. It had been about a week since you fled from your abusive home and called the police. Years before, you had dealt with it, but this time, your parents almost killed you. The cuts and bruises were just now fading away! You knew you had to get out of there as fast as you could, so you started running, hoping to catch a taxi or some form of transportation that didn't involve a creepy van and people you didn't know that appeared sketchy. However, where you were from, there weren't any taxi cabs or buses, so you were stuck making the trek on your feet.

A few hours later, you stopped by a gas station. Two cars were parked there and the lights were on, illuminating the parking lot and the surrounding trees in white glow.

You sneaked around the back and dug into your bag, withdrawing an eye patch and a long, white haired wig. No chances were being taken, because you knew if your parents were not arrested, they would pull the innocence card and put out missing posters. Stuff like that goes national...Sometimes global.

Pulling yourself out of your thoughts, you adjusted your wig, hitched up your backpack and walked into the store. A short five minutes later, you walked out with a warm cup of coffee and a energy drink. Since you started, you haven't had a full nights sleep. The longest that you slept on the run was two hours, but the rest was in thirty minute intervals per night. You've been fueled on caffeine and coffee.

After chugging down the coffee, you threw it away and broke out in a sprint. The wig and eye patch were back in your bag, along with the dark hoodie you were wearing.

Hours passed and the night sky began to grow into the early morning dawn. Traffic picked up steadily, so you winged it and walked off into the woods. Eventually, the woods passed into a clearing and you felt the ocean breeze whipping through your hair. Heaving a sigh, you threw your bag down and flopped on the sun heated sand. As you did, you felt a slight pain in your abdomen. You ignored it and took off your black long sleeved shirt, revealing a (f/c) tank top.

As you sat there, you looked at all of the damage that had taken place to your body. Your arms were splotched with greenish-blue spots that were fading away with each passing day. Cuts from various things lined your body as if it were grid paper. You recalled your reflection earlier when you were in the bathroom at the mini market. Across your cheek was a bright pink spot with cuts along the tips from where you were slapped by a hand with long nails. At your eye, another sickly green bruise was paling. Aside from more cuts, you were fine.

Another pain in your abdomen shot through your body, forcing your eyes shut and causing you to double over. Color intensified under your eyelids due to the pain. You sat up as straight as you were able and lifted your shirt. The biggest cut that you somehow forgot about was bleeding. You had it wrapped up and cleaned, but it was bleeding through the bandages.

Quietly, you cursed yourself and tried to reach your bag for the few medical supplies you brought, but your vision was becoming more blurry and dark by the second. You began to panic. As quickly as you could manage at the time, you stood up and tried to go back to the woods. Each step was ragged and sloppy as you stumbled through the sand, making your way to the trees. Your breathing became shallow and raspy. However, before you could make it much farther, your face made contact with the sand.

You groaned as you wiped the grainy earth from your face and spat out what you could from your mouth. Everything was growing dark, and it felt like you were suffocating...

As the world faded around you, you thought you heard voices in the distance, but you assumed that it was just where you were so weak.

As the sun came up, you came down.