2~ Strangers and Heroes ~2

(Stanford Pines P.O.V)

Stanley and I were quietly walking down the beach just as the sun made its appearance over the blue horizon. The ocean breeze calmly passing over the land along with the whispering waves that would kiss the shore and shyly go back. The sand was cool and pale, emitting a soft glow in the dawning sunlight.

We had a pet project that we had been working on for years, ever since we were young, called the Stan O' War. It was an abandoned shipwreck we found in cave we explored when we were kids. Really, over the years, we salvaged what we could and repaired everything else. It was coming along quite exquisitely.

Ever since we found it, we've always had a plan. Once it was fixed, we would sail around the world, hunting for treasure, getting all of the girls, and going on the greatest adventure known to man. Together for the rest of our lives.

It was a Saturday, and since the two of us were awake and couldn't fall back into a deep, peaceful slumber, Stanley pulled me away from my studies and forced me out of the house. Granted, I left a note saying we were at the beach so our parents wouldn't worry. For some reason, instead of taking the short route, we took the longer one that let us stroll along the ocean tides. In other words, we wanted to watch the sunrise.

We kept up slight banter as we walked. Eventually, we made a curve, changing the scene from beach to city to beach to forest.

"Hey, Sixer? What's that?" Stanley said, with a curious expression plastered on his face. His gaze was fixed on an object in the distance. He was squinting, trying to get a better look at it.

I followed his gaze, adjusting my glasses to get a better view myself, a bad feeing curling inside of my chest.

It was moving slowly on the ground, at a painfully slow pace. I shared a curious appearance with my twin as we slowly got closer.

I almost dropped my glasses when I saw it grow much taller. As I watched, I saw that it stumbled a bit, nearly falling back, but regaining its balance before falling. It began a slow, sluggish walk to the woods.

"Stanford!" I heard my brother yell my name behind me as I took off in a sprint. The feeling in my chest kept growing, and I got the gesture that something awful..,Or dangerous was happening before my eyes. Whatever it was, it was hurt, and needed help.

In front of me, I saw the thing fall, slightly sitting up to wipe the sand from its face. As I got closer, I saw the sand around and behind it was a dark shade of crimson. Sweat was dripping from the run and mentally freaking out. I looked over my shoulder and saw Stanley running behind me, slowly getting closer.

I looked ahead, and, a few seconds later, I was with it. To my horror, I realized it was a girl, unconscious in the sand. The crimson trail surrounding her was blood.

Quickly, I fell to my knees and reached out for her. I gently put my hand under her side that was far from me and rolled her over. Her body was limp, but I could feel her pulse and heard shallow breathing.

"Hot Belgian Waffles!" Stanley said, quickly going to her other side. He looked up at her face and moved her (h/c) strands of hair behind her ears. Then, he began to get the rest of the sand off of her face.

While he did that, I reached over for her first aid kit. Apparently, she was trying to tend to the wound before she lost too much blood. On her tank top, I saw the source of all of the bleeding. Quickly, I lifted her shirt and began cleaning away some of the blood. Stanley had taken off his shirt and began ripping it in long pieces to use for bandages.

"Stanley, I'm gonna need you to hold her up a bit so I can take the bandages off." I told him as he nodded and carefully lifted her up. Once he did, I removed the bandages, revealing a deep gash. It was narrow, and closed before, but it had reopened.

I took part of his shirt and rolled it up, placing it on the cut to stop the bleeding. Then, I rewrapped the bandages around her and put her tank top back down.

Without hesitation or command, Stanley carefully picked her up and held her bridal style. I gathered her things and put them in her bag, and caught up with Stanley. As we walked, I looked over at her.

She had beautiful (s/c) skin that shone in the rising dawn. (H/L), (h/c) hair that framed her face, complimenting her features very well. She was far too beautiful to be a human. She was a creature of fine beauty,even with the wounds.

Stanley noticed that the same time I did and spoke.

"Ford, what do you think happened to her?" He asked in a whisper, " She looks worse than I did after you found me in a dumpster, beaten up..."

I gave a sigh.

"I think we will find out what happened to her once she wakes up. Right now, we need to get her to safety where we can take care of her."

"Are we gonna take her to a Hospital? Because, I don't tink that's a good idea, Sixer..."

I looked over at him, shifting her bag to my other shoulder and readjusting my glasses. "Why not? Her cut needs stitches!"

"Did you not notice her bag? Look, I may not have your smarts, but I'm smart enough to know that she was running from something, Sixer. If we take her to a Hospital, then whatever she's running from is bound to find her. We will just take her over to our house. She'll be safer there, and she won't have to worry about running. And besides, we can call a home doctor."

Mentally, I smacked myself on the forehead. Of course! I don't know why I didn't see that before. Of course, I was unsure about everything, but I shook it off and sighed.

We walked back to our home in silence. I looked over at her again, a slight smile forming on my face.

If we weren't there...She could've died.