New cousin

• Dedicated to Eean Pacs

I guess I’m a clairvoyant because my senses were right. A couple who seemed to be in their thirties was sitting with us and they keep on talking. The woman was wearing a long black gown. It looked like a simple gown at first but when you take a moment to look thoroughly, there’s actually a mini tube dress inside and the outside flowing skirt was a see through. “She’s so beautiful”, those were the words that kept on banging inside my head and I was more intimidated when she took a seat next to me and smiled.

“Hello Heather.” The woman greeted me the moment she took her seat and that act of courtesy alarmed me.

“She’s not Heather.” Her husband said while fixing his glasses on his nose bridge.

“She looked like Heather, are you Heather? “She asked me and I’m quite dizzy about hearing the same name over and over again.

“Uh, no.” I tried to sound casual.

The woman had a quizzical look and then it faded away when she smiled.

“My mistake, but you really looked like her.”

Tyler and I exchanged glances but I can clearly read from his face saying.

(This is the start of fun) oh no. no

“We’ve just bumped to Heather a moment ago and I bet Red’s with her already. And this girl on the table is with his boyfriend.” His husband smiled while directing his eyes towards me.

“What’s your name?” He asked me.

I can feel my heart beating fast and I forget to say that Tyler is not my boyfriend. I’m tired of explaining.

“I’m Darcy Collins.”

“That made sense, are you Heather’s younger sister? I can’t believe I’ve just met another beautiful lady from the Collins.” The lady said and smiled widely as she exposed her perfect teeth.

Tyler replied for me. “She’s Heather’s cousin.”

When the woman was about to react, a lady in long white gown appeared from her back and now they were talking. But I wanted to tear Tyler off for lying, I mean I don’t want to lie at other people; I’m quite the honest and the pure type.

I texted Tyler and gestured him to look at his phone and he got it. We still hid our phone on our laps so that the couple won’t notice.

D: [Are you nuts?!]

I saw him texting and when he finished, he blinked at me.

Tyler: [It’s kind of a cover; we just need them to think you’re Heather’s cousin so that we have a reason why we are here. That Heather seemed to be an important person.]

D:  [What if that Heather person will be introduced to us and now what? :X :X : X]

Tyler: [We’d just say that we thought of another Heather Collins who’s now at North Carolina.]

D: [North Carolina? I know no one from North Carolina.]

Tyler: [I recently read some article about North Carolina and the idea just popped up.]

D: [Then our cover will be blown if Heather showed up.]

Tyler: [That will never happen]