Just the two of us

I may not be using my head in making decisions and I’m totally an idiot, stupid, pudding head and I can’t recall other non-intelligent words to describe myself.  Why am I here actually? Seriously, I wanted to go back to my own home and hang out with Tyler. It was totally exhausting not doing anything except overthinking while lying in my bed. I checked my wristwatch and it was already 4 pm. Wait, 4 pm means.

“Darce, let’s go.”  Red opened the door and saw me watching my wristwatch.

“I’m just in time right?” He added while he closed the door behind and sat at the end of my bed. I immediately got up from my bed the moment he made himself comfortable sitting on it and placed some messy strands of my hair at the back of my both ears.

“Yeah, we should go out, right?” I went near the door and found myself holding the knob.

“Yup, you’re still not comfortable with me? Don’t worry, I don’t bite.” He smiled and cocked his brows.

“It’s not that I’m not comfortable, in fact I am but yeah not that comfortable.” I realized what I said was all messed up.

“You know, you’re so obvious.” He chuckled, lifted up his head and glared at me.

“About what?”   I’m furious that my brows can touch each other.

“Nah. I’ll tell you the other time.” He wrinkled his nose like a nasty kid.

“No” I giggled like I never wanted him to win this time. “We’re not leaving this room unless you tell me.”  I fixed me eyes on him and he was doing it again. He’s smiling and I feel like I’m fading away.

“I like it not leaving here. But it’s really up to you if you wanted---” He suddenly got up from the end of my bed and sauntered towards me.

“Ha! I’m just kidding!” I opened the door immediately and he was laughing behind.

***

Before we left the rest house, I saw Heather on the kitchen pouting and forcefully sliced the apple on the chopping board when she fixed her eyes on me. I also found out she’s next to my room and maybe she’ll place bugs and frogs on my bed. The rest of the people were enjoying the pool, including the twins, Ellie, her husband, Lisa who seemed to be in a good state of mind, the three kids together with their nannies who kept on chasing and looking after them, a couple in their late forties who seemed to be the parents of the three kids, and a familiar face but I haven’t seen him before we arrived here. Red said to Ellie that we’re going and she just smiled at us.

“The river is like, 20 meters of walk to go. You want me to carry you?” He teased me as he took my hand because the road is too rocky.

“You won’t handle my weight.”  I giggled and remembered Tyler for complaining when he carried me along the road because I’m too tired to walk.

“What if I can?” He smiled at me and I realized we’ve been walking for like 30 minutes.

 “What if you can’t?”  I challenged him.

“Name it.” 

“Hey! There’s the river!” I saw the running water and we walked until we reached it.

“Finally! So what do I have to name if I can’t?” He placed our backpack s on the top of the rock and went back to me. I threw my shoes away and dipped my feet on the river; the water was now on hitting on my knees.

“C’mon! Let’s hunt some fish!”

I saw him taking of his shoes and rolled up his jeans until it reached his knees and slowly went towards me.