Matching || Peter Parker

The day was here. The day you and your friends had been waiting for ever since Freshman year: Senior Prom. You had your dress, you knew what you were doing with your hair and nails and everything seemed to be perfect.

Except you were the only one without a date.

"Awh, Kat, it's okay if you go alone!" Your best friend comforted you as you sulked on your bed. It was 9 in the morning and you hadn't even brushed your curly mop of hair out.

"No, it's not! I've waited my whole life for this moment and I don't even have a date!" You whined, flopping backwards into bed.

"Kaaaat!" Your friend whined as she pulled up back up. "You should at least get ready! Get all dolled up and you can break every guy's heart in that room. They'll be regretting that they didn't ask you." She said, walking to your closet and pulling out the red dress you took weeks picking out. "I mean look at this beautiful dress! You don't want it to go to waste, do you?" She said, holding it up to you. The corners of your mouth pulled into a smile.

"Oh alright. But only for the dress!" You said as you grabbed it and went to change

__

10 and a half hours later, you and your friends all stood at your house. All in the perfect dress, hair done up all beautiful and makeup was absolutely amazing.

"The guys are here!" One of your friends called out as you saw some headlights. The girls carefully raced out in their heels to meet them. You walked behind in your newly worn, white converse. You got behind the cluster of couples all taking pictures, when your best friend, Emily, came up to you.

"Kat! The guys have a friend that doesn't have a date and tagged along! It's like you in guy form!" She said, running back to go get the guy.

"Wow. That feels like a warm hug." You muttered under your breath as Emily walks towards you dragging a guy behind her.

"Alright! Here you two are! I'll let you get to talking while the rest of us finish up pictures!" She said as she ran back to her boyfriend.

"Starting to think that your friends and my friends got together and brought us along just so we can feel like crap." The guy said, crossing his arms. You took this time to scan him. He was a bit taller than you, sorta lanky but he had some muscle, and he was wearing a dark red tux. He turned to you right as you started to scan his face. You instantly looked away and you're face became as red as your dress.

"Y-yea. I'm starting to think they're not my real friends anymore." You said, crossing your arms as well. The boy faced you and stuck out his hand.

"Sorry, my name's Peter. Peter Parker." He said, awkwardly waiting for you to shake his hand. You gave him a small smile.

"I'm Katlyn. Katlyn Tinra." You said as you shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you Katlyn." He said, returning the smile.

"Please, you can call me Kat." You felt your face go red as you still held onto his hand. This guy turned out to be really cute and you were staring at him.

"I mean, I know it's a bit late," he started after a moment of silence. "But I was wondering if you want to be my date to prom?" He asked sheepishly. Your eyes widened and your mouth dropped.

"Are you kidding me?" You gasped. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well I mean... I've been wanting to ask you for a long time but, I thought you would've already had a date because you're so gorgeous and I never talk to you so I was scared an-" you stopped his blabbering with a peck on his cheek.

"I would love to, Peter Parker." You said with a smile. Peter grinned, bright red lipstick on his cheek, as whoops and hollers were let out.

"Finally!" One of the guys came up and patted Peter on the back. Your friends came and swarmed you.

"We set the whole thing up because he's been dying to ask you out!" Emily said, a grin on her face. "I mean we even made sure you two matched!" She said with a laugh.

We all laughed for a while before we got into the limo and drove to prom.

__

It had been a long night and you were getting tired.

"I can drive you home." Peter suggested. You agreed and you went to his car and headed home.

"Tonight was so much fun, Peter." You said, fighting to keep your eyes open. Peter smiled.

"You don't know how long I've waited to actually call you my date." He said, excited like a little boy, as he pulled into your drive way. He came around to your side and opened your door. You thanked him and held onto his arm as he walked you to the front door.

"Thanks again, for everything." You said, smiling at Peter. You looked at him, but he wasn't smiling. He quickly leaned in and placed his lips on yours. You were shocked at first, but soon, your arms were around his neck and his arms were on your back. He let go and he pulled away with the biggest grin and his lips were bright red from your lipstick.

"I've been waiting even longer to do that."