Fate || Bucky Barnes

Requested by: @lovelikeinsanity

It had been a few days since you relocated to New York and you were slowly readjusting to the life style here. Back where you just came from, everyone knew everyone and it was too much for you. You'd think the small little town would be better for your insane anxiety issues, but it wasn't. For you, you needed a place to blend in and not have people notice you.

You were out in the market, buying some food for yourself when you turn and bump into a man. You nearly fell when and arm swooped around you and caught you. You looked up at the man and locked eyes with his icy blue ones.

"T-thanks". You sputtered out of your mouth. He gave a small nod, made sure you were okay and left. Later that day, you'd forgotten all about the incident as you made it back to your apartment and started making dinner

__

The next week, you had decided to get a dog. You figured it would keep you company since you didn't really talk well with people.

You walked into the pet store and went straight to the dogs. You saw another man there. Cap on over his sorta long hair and a jacket on. He was petting a golden lab with three legs. You went straight for the husky.

You had bonded so much with this dog you had decided to take it home. You turned around to find an employee to help you out the dog when you bumped into yet another person. Turned out it was the same guy.

"Sorry... Again." You said, fiddling with your fingers. You looked up at him to see his smile. He walked away with a leash that belonged to the three legged dog.

__

A few months had passed and you had meet up with an old family friend, Sam Wilson.

"Hey, Lyra! I haven't seen you in forever! How've you been?" He said as you both hugged.

"Pretty good. Just moved here and so far it's been great. But I'm getting bored. I've seen everything around me and I don't want to go too far away from Sebby." Sam gave you a weird look. "Oh, Sebby is my dog." You said with a smile. He let out a laugh.

"You could come by the Avengers HQ if you want." He said, nudging you with his elbow. You grinned and nodded.

When you got there, you and Clint bonded really quickly. You don't know how, but you did.

"Hey guys, has anyone seen Bucky?" Steve asked.

"I think he went to the store. He should be back soon." Sam replied, eyes never leaving the tv. And sure enough, a few seconds later, in came the guy you'd always been bumping into everywhere.

"Hey! You're the guy I've been seeing everywhere." You said, locking eyes with him. He gave a smile.

"Oh yea. Hi." He said, walking off to put the groceries away. You followed him.

"So have you been following me or something?" You questioned, crossing your arms.

"Sorta." He replied, a smile still on his face.

"I don't understand why." You said, starting to get annoyed.

"Cause you're pretty and I wanted to see if you had any plans for tonight." He said as if it was nothing. You're mouth hung open. Did he just ask you out? You stood in awe when Tony came up behind you and whispered in your ear:

"Fate."