Chapter seven (part 2)

Authors note:

Another chapter!!!

Blake’s P.O.V

After spending an extended lunch with my little sister Ella, I was exhausted. She may be 19 but she is more hyper than a five year old on coca cola and lollies. She went on and on and on about this friend, that friend, my sex life and how much she doesn’t like my P.A.

I tried to explain how it’s more important to be efficient when it comes to being a P.A than having a good personality. Claire is the most efficient P.A I have ever had and she has lasted the longest. Before her the record was 3 months, Claire has been my P.A for just over a year.

Claire is a bitter flirt who has attempted seducing me numerous times, but I just ignore it. Finally she has lightened up and I gave her a pay rise.

My phone had gone off constantly while we were at lunch and every message and call was from Steven from level 7. He was in charge of media affairs and wants me to do an interview on some infamous TV show and wont take no as my answer. He is right though, it would boost sails by about 4.5% if my calculations are correct, that would be around $9 million a year—

“Are you listening to me? My friend Michelle is flying to France on her own in a few months! Can you take us so we can stay in your villa there? It’s far safer than two girls on their own in a hotel! Please Blakey Boo!” I hated the nickname and she knows it, that why she uses it.

We were in my private elevator, avoiding Steven, and Ella’s unrelenting babble made me realise how small it bloody well was!

“Fine, if you be quiet until we reach my office and I have talked to Claire.” I would have said yes anyway, no way in hell would I let my baby sister and her friend travel on their own, but her not talking for five minutes was an excellent bonus.

Ella nodded fiercely, probably making herself dizzy in the process, and didn’t utter a sound. We reached my office and I sat down, pressing the intercom to talk to Claire.

“Claire, I have returned from lunch. I took my private elevator to avoid Steven on level 6. If he calls or comes up tell him I am busy. Ella is still with me so it’s not exactly a lie. Thank you.” I stretched a little as I waited for her reply and Ella quickly pressed the intercom to talk to Claire herself.

“Claire? Do you mind grabbing me a caramel latte? Wait I want the hazelnut latte… just get me both! My brother will have a coffee, black. Chop chop!” I sighed and went to slap her hand away from the intercom but she had already bounded away.

“She’s my P.A so use your manners Ella. I know you have them… somewhere.” I tried to keep a straight face as I said this. Then came Claire’s reply.

“Very well Miss Connor. Also Mr Connor, a woman named Katie is here to see you.” I could hear Claire trying to sound seductive but it just made me laugh, especially with Ella mimicking her voice and strutting around my desk in her interpretation of Claire.

Katie…Katie? Who the hell was Katie?

“Katie… umm did she say why?” I was trying to find a Katie in my mind… nope, not a clue.

“No Mr Connor. She only said it was personal.” Personal? Did I sleep with her and not remember it? It hasn’t happened before… or at least not to my knowledge. Sighing heavily I press the intercom again.

“Very well, send this Katie in.” I am so not in the mood for this… the only women I wanted to see was Katharine. I turned to Ella and stood up.

“Take the elevator and go get a drink Ella.” I don’t need her around if it is one of the women I have slept with.

“No way! This sounds like fun!” Ella wiggled her eyebrows at me suggestively. I found it hard not to smile.