Chapter six

Authors note.

What happens in the next few chapters after this one will be a major game changer. Big decisions will be made and the consequence will be… interesting. I will say no more!!! Oh and I love Harley Davidsons! Gorgeous pieces of heaven… (sighs) I am so jealous of Katharine. Wow that sounds kind of insane… anyway now I just need to get my Motorbike licence so I can put my savings to good use… enjoy!!!

After paying the taxi driver and giving him a good tip I practically ran into my friend Daniel’s auto repair shop. Daniel was an old flame of mine. I was a few years younger than the rest in my class because they boosted me up two years in school since I breezed through with nothing below 98% in all subjects in year 8. We were high school sweethearts. In the end of our three year relationship we stayed good friends. Now he’s happily married at 26 with a 3 and a half year old baby boy.

I was always happy to see Daniel, his wife Maria and their little bundle of overactive joy Declan. Today was no different.

I walked straight past all the happily chatting clients to the ‘staff only’ door that lead to the garage where I knew Daniel would be.

“Miss! You can’t go in there! It’s an employee only area!” called a man who looked to be around 30. He looked at me condescendingly and that pissed me off. He must have been hired in the past 6 months because all the other employees know me. I spun around and grinned.

 “I can read. Don’t worry I assure you that you wont get into any trouble. I’m a friend of Daniel’s.” I winked and turned around just as his arm grabbed my wrist. I stopped and looked at his hand, a little shocked. I raised an eyebrow as I lifted my gaze to his.

 “My Harley is in that room and I assure you, Daniel and Maria will welcome me. I will ask you once, and only once, to remove your hand from my wrist. Otherwise I will not be held responsible for the consequences.” He raised his eyebrows, grinned and squeezed my wrist harder.

 I sighed and swept my leg lightning fast underneath him, taking his legs out from under him and putting him on his arse. I smiled politely and turned back to the ‘staff only’ door. The door opened and little Declan ran from the room.

 He looked at all the staring clients, at the slightly winded, slightly shocked and very embarrassed man sprawled on his arse before his little eyes rested on me.

 He ran into my arms squealing in joy. I kissed all over his little face and he gave me the sloppiest kiss on the lips. I laughed and swung him around.

 “Aunty Kat, why is Sam lying on the floor?” asked a confused little Declan. He pointed at the man known as Sam, still sprawled on the floor and staring at me like I was an alien. I looked at Sam and grinned.

“Because Sam is so silly. He wanted to kiss my boots!” Declan laughed and made kissing noises at Sam.

 “Silly Sam! Silly Sam! Aunty Kat doesn’t want your slobber on her boots!!” Declan lost himself in uncontrollable giggles. The whole crowed of clients laughed too as Silly Sam turned a very unattractive shade of red.

The ‘staff only’ door pushed open and a very worried looking Daniel and a very pregnant looking Maria pushed through the door. They stared around the room, taking it all in with neutral faces.

Their eyes rested on Declan in my arms and they sighed in relief. Finally they turned to me and smiled brightly. They both rushed to me and through their arms around Declan and eye. In an awkwardly hilarious four way hug we all laughed.

“Mummy! Daddy! Silly Sam tried kissing Aunty Kat’s boots!” everyone laughed except bright red Silly Sam who finally decided to pick himself up off the floor. He glared at the customers before starring daggers at me.

Daniel and Maria chuckled at Declan’s remark.

“Come on Dec, lets take Aunty Kat to her Harley.” Declan’s eyes shinned. He loved my Harley almost as much as I did.

“YEAHHHH! Come Aunty Katharine! Come!” he scrambled from my arms and ran through the ‘staff only’ door. Daniel and Maria followed him and I turned to Silly Sam.

 “Sorry Silly Sam. I have a date with my Harley. But don’t worry; I enjoyed you kissing my boots. I blew him a kiss and sashayed from the room. All the customers chuckled some more. They saw how he grabbed my wrist and he wasn’t getting any mercy from them.

Smiling to myself I joined Daniel, Maria and Declan around my gorgeous Harley. God I missed the sleek sexy machine.

“Thanks Daniel for keeping my baby here. I owe you big time. She looks awesome, were you able to service her for me?” I ran my hand over the red seat.

“Of course. I serviced her and gave her a quick run once a month, just to keep her satisfied.” Daniel looked at my baby longingly. “She really is a dream to ride…”

“Oh I know—” I started and Declan interrupted as he ran over to me and raised his arms for me to pick him up.

“I cleaned her! I even helped Daddy feed her! That black stuff smells yucky but Daddy says Harley loves it. I said Harley might like chocolate better but Daddy said it would make her sick. I don’t want her to get sick so don’t give her chocolate aunty Kat!” Declan babbled on and I kissed his head.

The four of us talked in the smoko room for about and hour and I learned that Maria had 2 months left before they had twins, both little girls. They hadn’t decided on names yet though.

As Declan fell asleep in my arms I kissed him goodbye and gave him to Daniel. I gave Daniel and Maria hugs and kisses and promised to call at least once a month when I was off on my travels.

I grabbed my Harleys’ keys and started her up before leaving the garage. As I slowly passed the front of the store, waiting for a break in traffic, I noticed all the people in the shop were watching me through the window and the men on the street or working on cars wolf whistled at me. I revved my Harley, put on my reflector shades and waved as I took off at the first break in traffic.

I love the wind flowing through my hair. I love the freedom of a motorcycle. I love the admiring looks from others riding motorcycles as they took in the full glory of my Harley.

I stopped to fill my Harley with fresh fuel. As I waited in line at the counter to pay, I looked in my bag for the business card Blake gave me. Only know did I realise he was a corporate entrepreneur. It struck me that he was the heir to the Connor Corporation.

I remember watching an interview where he told of how at 18 he received his trust fund of 1 million dollars. He took it all and invested the money into buying shares in cinemas. To start with everyone laughed at him and his family looked on him as a disappointment, but he just smiled and said “just wait”.

Soon his million doubled, tripled and quadrupled and everyone ate their hurtful words. He then put his money into a new type of car and motorcycle line, The Emission.

He funded a car company to produce his ideas for the vehicles, and worked on the cars with them, again they thought it would be a failure. Yet, with that 'failure'' he has already reached the worth of his entire family’s net worth. He is now the world’s richest man.

I also vaguely remember something about him having a 19 year old sister and 18 year old brother.

Well Mr Rich and Famous, let me return the money from our little rendezvous,since it was obviously a mistake.

I know this chapter is boring but it was necessary to show Katharine’s personality when she isn’t so heart broken.

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!! Thank you :D :D