Part VI

The days following your encounter with Esdeath were very unpleasant. Every time the Revolutionary Army strikes, the more sophisticated the Imperial Empire gets.  As of now, there were only you and three other remaining members of Night Raid. The rest were killed in action due to encounters with the enemy.

You never knew what fighting in a war is like, but after what happened the past few days, you got a taste of it's nature. Dark....menacing....terrifying....bloody....and worst of all, loss of countless lives. Lives who fought tirelessly for a possible bright future for generations to come.

Leone: Looks like it's down to the five of us.

You: So it would seem.

Akame: *Nods her head* This place feels really big now.

Tatsumi: *Looks at the ground* Yeah, it does.

Leone: *Runs up to Tatsumi and wraps her arm around his neck* So, what're we doing after this? After the revolution, there won't be much work for guys like us ya know.

Tatsumi: *Looks at Leone with an annoyed expression* If I recall correctly, you forced me into joining the team, remember that?

You: And I had to join to prove my innocence.

Leone: *Looks at Tatsumi* Aww, I'm sorry sweetie.

*Momentary silence occurs*

Leone: *Pulls Tatsumi a little closer to her* Ah well, guess you'll have to punish me with a spankin!! *Laughs*

You: *You sweat drop upon hearing this* Really? Just hearing that makes me want to know what satisfies you other than alcohol Leone.

Tatsumi: *Breaks free of Leone's grasp and steps back a bit* No thank you!! Besides assassins being out of work means the world is a better place!!

Leone: I guess so. Well, maybe we could be a traveling circus group or something.

Akame: *Nods to Leone's suggestion* Sounds good.

Tatsumi: NO IT DOESN'T!!

Leone: *Looks at you* So, what're you gonna do after the fight's over?

You: *You stand up from your seat* To be honest, I have no idea. I could just move back home in the country. But it's kinda quiet and less action packed there than here.

Tatsumi: I don't know. *You look at him* Peace and quiet seems fine to me.

You: To you maybe. *You sigh* Guess I'm more of an adventurist than I thought.

Najenda: I appreciate what you've all done for the cause.

*You all turn to Najenda as she walks into the room*