Chapter 20

I've been at the Cullens for a week now. Jake hasn't tried to call me. Bella hasn't been back. Aunt M texted me and said she'd be back in the next few days. I missed her and my cousin. The Cullens have been so nice to me. I thought Edward would be mad but he's not. I can't help thinking that this is some how my fault. But then again I remember that it's not. Emmett is always around me. Except when he has to hunt. Jasper has also grown fond of me. The pack must hate me for being over here. They shouldn't blame me they should blame Jake. Anyway I'm trying not to think about those things. Maybe Jake will come to his senses and apologize. But if he doesn't then he doesn't. I'm sitting on the couch reading my favorite book when Emmett comes in. "What's up buttercup?" He asks sitting beside me. "Nothing much." I say. "Abby there's something I've been meaning to tell you. Edward has been reading your mind and these thoughts you've been thinking about Jacob..... I want you to know that no matter what happens between you two I will always be here fo you." I almost start to cry. "Thank you Em. I'm so thankful I have you." He puts his hand on my cheek. Our faces get closer to one another. Finally our lips meet. The kiss was passionate yet gentle. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" A voice yells. I turn my head to see Jake standing in the door way. He turns and runs out the door. I decide to run after him. "Jake come back it's not what it looks like." I try to explain. "Get away from me!" Jake yells. "Don't give me that crap. You started this when you kissed Bella." Jake transformed into his wolf form. As he transformed his hand or paw came down hard across my face. Jake turned around and slashed my leg with his claws then ran off into the woods. Blood pours from my face and leg. "Emmett! Help me!" I yell. I just lay there on the ground. "Abby what happened?" Emmett asked as he picks me up. I can't answer him that's how much pain I'm in. The claw marks are deep. It feels like someone's trying to tear my leg off. Em takes me to Carlisle. He stitches up my wounds. "These are pretty deep. I'm afraid they'll leave scars." He says. "I can't believe he did this to her!" Emmett yelled. Esme walks in. "Emmett son I know your upset but getting angry won't help anything just calm down." She says as she puts her arm around Emmett. When Carlisle he helps me up. "Ok take a few days to rest and the bandages should come off in about a week." I text Aunt M and tell her that I got attacked by a wolf and I ask can I stay with the Cullens another week. She agrees and said she'd see me later. I lay down in Emmett 's bed. I'm in so much pain I just roll over on my side and cry silent tears.
**ONE WEEK LATER**
It's been a week since the incident. My bandages come off today. I walk into Carlisle 's office. "Are you ready?" He asks kindly. I nod. He removes my leg bamdaid first. Then he removes the stitches. I look down at my leg to see for long scars. I rub my leg. Carlisle does the same with my face. When he's done I thank him and go find a mirror. There are three long scars running down my face. Just like Emily's. I want to cry but I stop myself. 'No. No more crying. Alright Jacob Balck if it's a war you want then by gosh it's a war you'll get.' I say to myself. I bump into Jasper in the hall way. "Oh hello Abby. Those scars thier.." "ugly, nasty, repulsive," "impressive. Scars are signs that you've walked through Hell and made it back." I smile. Maybe he's right. I should just stop thinking on the bad and look at the positive things. "Thanks Jasper." I say. "My pleasure ma'am." He takes my hand and kisses it. I walk down stairs to find Emmett. I'm changing into a whole other person. I'm not gonna let anyone push me around anymore. I'll fight.... and I'll fight hard.