Chapter 2: A Blue Book

• Dedicated to Alex! Check out her fanfic here: http://www.quotev.com/story/3602762/Not-anymore

Chapter 2: A Blue Book

He pulled back his hand. My eyes unfocused from his eyes and to the rest of his body. He was tall, had a cool haircut, and oh my god he's was hot. "Oh! I uh, er...." He stuttered embarrassed. I wondered if it was because we both reached for the same book, or if it was because he was caught reaching for a young adult romance novel. I stood there quietly, feeling quite short and self conscious.

"Last copy I guess?"

"Um yeah...I guess."

He smiled slightly after I spoke. "Here," he handed me the book, "take it." I shook my head "No. It's cool." I handed it back to him. "Please, I insist." He put it back in my hands. It began to feel like a game of hot potato. "No really. I'll be fine." I said finally plopping the book back into his hands. He took one last look at me, and sighed, as if I was a hopeless case. As he left to go pay for his book at the counter, I made my way out the door and hoped I never saw that handsome face again so that I couldn't embarrass myself further.

I made my way back, staring at my feet, thinking about his eyes that were so easy to get lost in, when something tapped on my shoulder. I spun around, prepared to put up a fight. But it was only the tall boy with the cool haircut and the eyes that I knew I would be thinking about for months. He reached for his bag and pulled out a bright blue book.

"This is for you." He pushed it towards me. "Bu-" I started but he just smirked and walked away slowly backwards at first and the turned away and walked the opposite direction. I watched him walk away and then smiled at the book in my hands.

As soon as I walked into my flat, I took off my coat and flopped on the bed, ready to read. I opened up the book for the first time and immediately noticed writing on the blank page in the front.

"Girl with the cute accent and excellent taste in authors, you seem pretty cool, maybe we could hangout sometime? Text me:"

the note ended with a phone number and a name: Dan.