chapter 2

“What are you talking about?” I said.

            “I know what you’re doing lately! You’re with somebody else. That’s why you can’t spend even a little time with me” she yelled.

            “What?? Are you out of your mind? You know that I’m busy with my business. Can’t you understand that?” I said.

            “Francis! Stop fooling me. You know I hate to be the second best!” she said.

            “But Lucy, I’m doing this for our future. Don’t you want to live a happy life?” I asked Lucy.

            “Enough! You can’t fool me anymore! I’m sick and tired of this relationship! I’m sick and tired of you!” she shouted.

            “So, what are you trying to imply?” I asked.

            No answer from Lucy.

            “Are you breaking up with me?” I asked.

            Still, no answer

            “Say something. Answer me! Are you trying to break up with me?” I repeated.

            “Yes! I am breaking up with you!” she said.

            “Is it because of Carlos?” I asked.

            “WHAT???” she was shocked.

            “Just tell me the truth Lucy!” I said.

            “Why are you changing the topic?” she said

            “Just answer me!” I said.

            “no! It’s not about anybody else! It’s about you having no time to spend with me. Don’t you ever dare include anybody with this!” she said.

            “Don’t lie to me, please, for the last time.” I asked her

            “I am not lying” she said.

            “really?” I asked.

            “Yes!” she hesitantly shouted.

            “I know what you’ve been doing lately Lucy. You were with Carlos, I saw both of you happily dating at a restaurant. It hurts a hundred times to see my girlfriend with my friend.” I said.

            “Francis, I’m sorry.” She said.

            “I thought you were true to me, I thought you were the one I’m going to spend my life with. Guess I was wrong. But see, I’m strong. Don’t worry it won’t take long for me to move on.” I said bitterly.

            “Francis...”

            “It’s okay. I’m fine. I know it won’t work. I just knew it. So, its goofbye.” I said and forced a smile.

            “yeah, I’m sorry!” she said.

            I hugged Lucy tight for the last time, It took me minutes to let her go because by the time I’ll let her go. I will never ever have the chance to hug her again.

            “Goodbye. Best wishes.” I said and walked away. I left her standing there in the shore with the sun setting at her back.