chapter 4

A year after we met each other, on the same venue where we first saw each other.

            “Hi Francis, good evening” I greeted him as I arrived.

            “My evening got even better because I saw you.” He said.

            “Stop fooling me Francis.”

            “I’m telling the truth.”

            “Oh, I had known you for a year Francis.” I said.

            “hahaha, shall we.” Still smiling at me.

            I smiled back as an answer to his invitation.

            We walked to the reserved area near a conceptualized river bank with a beautiful bridge that connects the two banks. The sound of the flowing water from and electric supply filled the air with the chirping of the birds and a soft violin music from a musician a far.

            We shared our meal happily. Just as we finished, he pointed to the sky when fireworks lighted the dark sky.

            I was surprised! Written above me says that ‘will you be my girlfriend Jessy?’

            I was filled with joy and love as I look at him straight to his eyes trying to figure out if he was just joking. Sincerity is the only message I conveyed at his eyes.

            He stood up, kneel a knee and asked the same question written above me.

            “Will you be my girlfriend Jessy?” he asked.

            My smile widened as I answered “Yes” to his question.

            We hug each other happily for we know that a new stage of our relationship has been unfolded. I wonder what will Dad’s reaction by the time I’ll told him that I already have a boyfriend.

            Fear touched my heart which caused me to hug Francis even tighter. I don’t want to lose him, ‘no matter what, even if Dad forbids, I will fight for this relationship. I will never ever let myself lose you Francis.’ Tears roll down in my chicks

            “Why are you crying Jessy? Is there anything wrong?” he asked while wiping my tears.

            “It’s just that, I’m thinking about Dad. You know that he doesn’t know anything about you and me.” I said.

            “We’ll tell him everything about us. I love you so much I can’t afford to lose you.”

            “But I’m still not ready yet.” I said.

            “Of course, we will not tell him right away. We will tell him by the time you’re ready. How does it sound?”

            We decided to hide our relationship. It was on its bloom when all of a sudden.

            We are at the mall strolling.

            “When are we going to tell your Dad?” he asked.

            “I’m planning to tell him this weekend. Is it okay if I’ll ask you to be at my side at that moment?”

            “That’s what I’m trying to suggest. I just don’t want you to go over it alone. I wanted to be at your side the moment you’ll tell your father about us.” He said.