chapter 3

Time passed rapidly, days to week, weeks to month, and months to year. The time had come for me to give up hoping for someone to arrive and take me away from here. I know I should face reality. That reality refers to the guy my father wanted me to meet years ago. I don’t know if I’m ready for these. But I have to, I must be ready. For whatever will happen, let it be.

            “Are you ready my dear?” dad asked

            “Y-Yes Dad, I’m r-ready.” I answered.

            “You’re beautiful my dear”

            “Thanks Dad.” I said with a smile.

            “Shall we, my Dear??”

            It feels like my feet don’t want to step into the car. I wanted to run back at my room and hide. I am scared. Maybe because it’s the first time that dad would let me meet someone I don’t know. I am really not that kind of girl who stayed at public places or the ones who went out with dates and lovers. I prefer to stay alone at home.

            “Are you nervous my dear?” he asked.

            “A little”

            “It’s all right my dear, you don’t have to worry. I knew this guy and I am quite sure that he’ll love and protect you. I can count on him for that.” He said.

            I just kept my mouth shut. Thinking of a plan to escape whenever I don’t like the guy, I know I had promised dad to meet him but he can’t just force me to be with him. I don’t even know a single detail of him and I’m not interested.

            “We’re here.” Dad

            Our car stopped at the front hall of a fine Mediterranean restaurant. I was impressed. I mean it.

            Dad opened the door for me. I hesitantly went out of the car and dad lead me to a candle lit dinner at the middle of the garden. There were musicians playing soft serene music, waiter at his finest posture, and a man taller than dad who is taller than me. He is actually smiling at me and dad. I guess he is the guy Dad is talking about.

            Aside from being tall, he has his features which could catch any women’s attention. He is a typical businessman with a very fascinating appearance.

            “Good evening Mr. Villamente.” He greeted dad.

            “Good evening too, Mr. Pajardo. I want you to meet my angel, Jessy Villamente. Jessy, this is Mr. Paul Pajardo. The one I am talking all about.” Dad said.

            “Nice to meet you Mr. Pajardo” I reached for his hand.

            “The pleasure is mine pretty lady” he said and accepted my hand.

            I felt uneasy after we had our shake hands. I knew I would never like him. He is not my typical guy. Despite of his charming appearance, his characters shows the other way. He is boastful and arrogant. I hate the way he talked to my father disrespectfully.

            Both of them were talking business and I am totally out of their way so I decided to go to the comfort room.

            “Excuse me gentlemen.” I disrupt them.

            Both stared at me blankly.

            “I’ll just find my way to the comfort room.” I said.