chapter 1

“Dad no! There’s no way you’ll let me meet that guy” I exclaimed

            “But Jessy my dear, he is the right guy for you. I had known him since he was young. He is good, legible, and socially able. He can sustain your needs.” Dad explained

            “Dad, I don’t need that kind of guy, and besides, I don’t want to be stuck with a business man who prioritize work than its own family, like you dad.” I said.

            “oh, I’m sorry to make you feel that way my dear. I am really sorry. I just did it because I wanted a better life for you. I thought that if I gave you everything you need and your desires, it’s enough. I’m sorry dear” dad said.

            “It’s okay dad, I understand. But it won’t change my stand. I am not meeting that guy.” I said

            “But dear!!”

             I shut the door at my back and went to my own room. I am very frustrated of what my daddy wanted me to do. I will never ever meet that guy. I don’t need someone. I know how to take care of myself, I can survive. I had graduated as cum laude in college of business administration. I can manage to live for myself. Even if I build a family of my own, I could still provide my children’s needs.           

            “I’m totally sick of this damn life!!” I shouted.

            I took my walking pouch and my car key. Drove to the port and rode private yacht.

            “Mang Tansyo, our captain, would you mind if I ask a favour to you?” i said.

            “What is it ma’am?” he asked

            “Can you sail with me?” I asked

            “Where are we going ma’am?”

            “I don’t know, anywhere far from here. Don’t worry Mang Tansyo, it won’t take long. Only for a couple of hours, I just wanted to unwind and to burst out my emotion.” I said

            “Of course ma’am, as you wish.” He said

            We sail across the sea with no specific place to go.

            “What’s bothering you ma’am? If you won’t mind me asking, maybe I can give you some advices.” He said.

            “It was Daddy, he wanted me to meet this guy he knew. But I don’t want to meet him. I just don’t want to get stuck with a business man like dad who prioritize his work other than his family.” I said.

            “Well, maybe your dad wants to see that you’re in good hands even if he passed away. You know, father’s always think that way. I too wanted my daughter to find its long time partner that could give her what she needs.” He said.

            “But, doesn’t he know that I should choose the one whom I thought would deserve to be with me ‘till eternity? Like destiny?” I said.

            “Well, you have a point ma’am. But you’re father wanted to be a part of your life that’s why he’s doing that. Please understand him.” He said.

            I am pondering Mang Tansyong’s last statement when...

            “Ma’am, do you want to know, what’s my secret in find my dearest Anita?” he broke the silence.