Chapter Five

NATHAN'S POV

One by one, I watched as the other kids walked in and out of the makeshift dentist office. Eventually the last kid left with Zayn following behind them, meaning it was my turn. "Hey Nathan, you ready to come back? I promise there's nothing to worry about" Zayn said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I nodded and we made our way into the exam room. Looking around, I saw a dentist chair with all the regular tools on it and the a few chairs for Zayn and Dr. Kelley to sit in. "Hi Nathan, I'm Dr. Kelley, but you can call me Arianna" Dr. Kelley said, walking over to shake my hand. I shook her hand and the hesitantly walked over and sat in the dentist chair. Soon I felt a paper bib being clipped around my neck. I took a few deep breaths to try and alleviate some of my fear, but was quickly interrupted as the chair started leaning backwards. Once the chair was all the way back, Zayn turned on the light causing me to squint from it hurting my eyes. As soon as my vision cleared, I saw the thing I dreaded the most...the pointy tool. All at once, memories from my past with that tool rushed through my mind, driving me into a very panicked state of mind.

ARIANNA'S POV

I had already known that Nathan was scared of the dentist based on what Zayn had told me, but this boy had gone into a full blown panic attack just from seeing the mirror and explorer. I quickly set the tools down and brought the chair back up. Zayn quickly picked Nathan up and sat him in his lap trying to calm him down. After a few minutes, Nathan was breathing normally and able to be put back into the chair. I quickly leaned it back again and reached out to get the two tools again, only for my arm to be grabbed by Nathan. "Do you really have to use the pointy tool?" He asked, looking up at me with fear in his eyes. "Unfortunately I do" I said, holding his hand, "If I don't use it, then I won't be able to check for cavities and get plaque off of your teeth". "Would it help if I held you hand?" Zayn asked. Nathan nodded and grabbed Zayn's outstretched hand.

NATHAN'S POV

Being able to hold Zayn's hand definitely helped as Arianna got to cleaning my teeth. Thankfully there weren't any cavities and it was over before I knew it. I was about to get up and leave the room when Arianna put a hand on my shoulder. "Nathan, there's something me and Zayn want to talk to you about" she said with a gentle smile on her face. Looking over at Zayn, I signaled for him to continue. "Well basically me and Arianna have been doing a lot of thinking and want to adopt" he said and I nodded. "And after treating and meeting all the kids at the orphanage today, we decided that we want to adopt you, but only if that's ok with you" Zayn said......

What will Nathan's answer be? Tune in to the next chapter of this book to see what his answer is.