Chapter 19 - How to be a Dane!

Caspar eats his pizza like a wild animal. I don't think, I've ever seen a guy eat so much in such a short amount of time. It doesn't look like he wants to be disturbed, so I sit down on the couch with Mel.

"What were you so upset about, Caspar?" asks Zoe, who's just entered the room. I look back at her and turn my body in the couch so that I don't get neck ache.

"Can't you see the fucking six-year-old that is in my apartment?!" asks Caspar loudly with his mouth full of pizza, and points towards Mel. I don't say anything, just sit waiting for an excuse to leave.

"Sorry, I'm really tired and really not in for some company right now," Caspar says a bit more calmed down. Zoe goes over to the kitchen, where she lays her camera on the tabletop. She shakes her head, while walking to the fridge and opens it.

"You guys really need to buy some more real food..." she says and closes the fridge again.

"What is that supposed to mean?" asks a half-insulted Caspar, who now only got one pizza slice left. He gets up, walks over to the kitchen and opens the fridge. He starts to talk about all the things you could make out of the things, there's in there. Zoe points at the pizza, that has been left by on the table. She makes signs to me wanting me to go and take it. I giggle, nodding and sprints silently to the table. I take the plate and runs silently back to the couch. I show it to Zoe, and she covers her mouth with her hand so she won't burst into laughter. She trays slowly to her camera, turns it on and let her arm hanging down the side.

"So we can actually make some food, Zoe!" says Caspar and walks back to the table. Zoe quickly walks over to the couch and sits down between Mel and I. In the meanwhile, Caspar has reached the table and looks kinda lost.

"WHERE'S MY LAST SLICE OF PIZZA?!" he yells and looks over at us. Zoe turns the camera so that it's filming him and I just sit there, enjoying the last slice of pepperoni pizza. Caspar's jaw drops and he jumps around in a circle - obviously faking to be mad - and covers his forehead with a hand.

"How could you do that to me?!" he asks trying to sound disappointed in me. His reaction is hilarious.

"Say hello to the camera, Caspar!" says Zoe teasingly.

"Wha... You filmed it?!" he says sounding irritated. "That's it! I'm going back to bed!" He stamps as he goes to the staircase and downstairs. Zoe and I burst into laughter and are about to fall down on the floor because of it.

"And that's how Caspar Lee looks like when someone steals his pizza!" I say to the camera. Zoe nods and we continue to laugh.

___________________________________________________________________

After an hour of laughing, editing of videos and a lunch break, it is now time to film another video.

"So! What do you want to do for your video?" asks Zoe. I shrug. The thought of a Denmark-related video has been floating around inside my mind. But I don't what we could do in the video...

"Do you want to learn to talk Danish?" I ask Zoe, with a devious look. She nods and I think she knows what I want to do. We find a new 'location', as Zoe calls it AKA the living room. We ask Caspar to watch Mel, so we can film in peace.

"Hello people around the world, and welcome to my universe!" I say trying to sound excited. "I'm Amanda, and today I'm joined by my friend Zoe!"

Zoe ways and says: "Hello!" with a friendly voice.

"You might know Zoe from her beauty channel: Zoella, where she makes makeup tutorials, hairstyle videos and stuff like that, right?" I explain looking over at Zoe, at the end. She nods in agreement.

"What a great way to explain the word: 'beauty-vlogger'," she says looking back at me. I burst into laughter and Zoe too. After getting our act together we continue.

"Today I'm going to teach Zoe some Danish," I say and straighten up. "Are you ready to try to be a Dane?"

"As ready as I can be!" she says and breathes heavily out.

"Okay so I'm going to say a sentence in Danish, and you are going to repeat it. Then you have to guess, what you think you just said." I explain to her and it looks like she gets it.

"You at home can also try, if you want to," I say into the camera. "Before we begin, you need to know the basics. Almost all of our letters sounds the same as yours, but we have three letters more than you. Æ, Ø and Å." I draw the letters on a piece of paper. She nods and asks: "What did you say that they are called again?" I repeat myself and so does she.

"Ready?" I ask and she replies with: "Ready!"

"Okay, first sentence: Hej med dig, hvordan har du det?" I say slowly, so she can pick up everything. She repeats it in a kinda broken Danish. Almost like a drunk Dane. I cover up a laugh by coughing.

"Let's try again," I say and together we repeat the words.

"What do you think it means?" I ask in the end. She thinks for a bit.

"I don't know... Something like: Hello, what's your name?" she says and I shake my head.

"Close but it means: Hello, how do you do, or, hello, how are you today," I explain and she giggles.

We do about five sentences before wrapping up the video.

"Thank you so much for watching! If you enjoyed this video, then give it a big thumbs up. And if you want to see more of me, then you can subscribe. We also did a video on Zoe's channel, and what did we do Zoe?" I ask and she continues: "We did an #AskZoella and answered some weird questions." I nod and encourage people to check it out. I say my goodbye and we both wave at the camera.

"You were really good at that!" I say to Zoe. She seems like an easy learner, and could say so much more than I had expected.

"Thanks!" she answers shortly and turns of the lights.

"You're really getting the hang of this 'YouTube'-thing," she says and I look shy at the ground. It's a big deal when someone with five million subscribers says something like that to you.

"When do we upload our videos?" I ask her and she takes out her phone.

"Uhm... I have a video for this week, but not for next week, so next week I believe. I upload every Sunday, so that'll be the day that we upload." she explains and I just nod.

"But how do I get the footage?" I ask. I can't take her memory card with me back home to Denmark.

"Are you free tonight?" I nod. "Then we can edit it tonight, and upload it. We can just make it hidden."

She takes down the light. We're both quiet for a bit.

"So what are you going to do with your mother's funeral?" Zoe asks and something within me breaks.

"Are you okay?" she asks sitting down next to me on the couch.

"Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine," I lie. I haven't even thought about Mom, since my conversation with Mr. Brown, and surely not her funeral.

"Her ashes need to be spread here in London," I say. I can't get the urn with me on the plane back home, so I have to do it here.

"Where do you want to do it?" she asks and I shrug. I've never been to London before - or England for that matter. How am I, a 17-year old girl, supposed to spread my mother's ashes?