Am I Too Far Gone for a Remedy?

A/N: I don't claim any song lyrics used as my own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

She woke up early and there he was, still asleep by her side. The previous night's events flashed before her eyes. She couldn't even bear to face him and tell him it's over again like she tried to the night before. He was only going to want more. So she quietly got out of bed and left a note.

Aaron,

By the time you read this I'll be gone. I wanted this all to work out. As you showed me your scars, I only held you closer. But as the light in you went dark, I saw you turn over. I wanted always to be there for you and close to you, but I'm losing this and I'm losing you.

I've gotta save my blood and pack up the pieces of me. Maybe without me, you'll return to all the beauty I once knew. But if I stay, I know we will both be drowned by you holding onto me.

Please take care of yourself. I mean it.

May

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

May hopped on a bus and left Gateon for a while. She got off at a lonely gas station out in the windy desert called the Outskirt Stand. Sitting at the bar alone for a while, just thinking about everything with Aaron... she didn't think it was even possible to ever feel this low. She felt worthless.

Why do I feel so sick inside? I don't recognize this feeling...

It wasn't just physical sickness from the effects of the drugs. She knew that. It felt more like spiritual sickness. Felt like nothing could fix it.

I messed up so badly. I went too far this time. Am I too far gone for a remedy?

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Butterfree, use gust and aim at the surface!"

The winged Pokemon stirred up some waves in the sea, and followed up by using psychic to craft them.

The passerby sailors continually commended their appeals throughout the day.

"Nice work today. Return."

Drew had been training all day, figuring it would be good for the Pokemon since it had been so long, though he wasn't sure if he was going to enter a contest anytime soon. He hadn't seen May anywhere since the night before, but was still comforted knowing that she ended things with Aaron.

But where is she now? I mean, she did end it... right?

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Still at the gas station, May pulled a torn piece of paper out of her bag. It was part of the paper that Aaron ripped up the night before. She had grabbed it on her way out. It was the lyrics to the song he wrote about her. It was hard to make out what was written since the paper was torn and she only had a sliver of it, but her eyes welled up as the read what she could.

Take my hand, I give it to you,

As you shine like the most dazzling treasure

. . .

Kiss the stars with me,

And dread the wait for stupid calls returning us to life

. . .

And we'll make something out of nothing

-CR