Epilogue

Drew finished up two years of botany courses at the HQ lab. He was an exceptional student and Professor Krane gave him a high recommendation for The Official Pokemon Institute of Biology and Botany back in Kanto. He now studies there, hoping to become an expert in the field of grass-type Pokemon.

Towards the end of his first semester at this institute, one of his professors informed the students of some new courses that were going to be offered the upcoming semester. These courses would be different from the usual biology and botany studies, if anyone was interested. Flyers were posted outside.

On the way out, Drew happened to notice one that stood out from all the rest.

Theological and Biblical Studies

Who is this Jesus guy? How can you believe that a man was God? Why trust the Gospel accounts? Isn't the Bible full of contradictions? Why believe in God in the first place? Couldn't it all be by chance?

All these questions and MORE will be addressed in this course. We will discuss who exactly Jesus is and why following Him is worth it.

Professor: Gregory Boyd

Required book: Letters from a Skeptic

Drew enrolled. It was the most valuable class he had ever taken. It wasn't one of those biased religion classes, and the professor addressed the heart as well as the mind throughout his teachings. After the course, Drew believed. He went on to be a double-major in botany and theology.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~~

The night that Rock the Range came to Gateon Port, Aaron ended up getting to talk with some of the musicians after the show. He was amazed that so many of these successful, godly people had such dark pasts that were almost identical to his. He was inspired and allowed one of the members to pray with him. In that moment, all of his desires to hold onto drugs, alcohol and past pain faded away. The chains were broken. He was free.

He went back to Chorus Romance, and from then on, they dedicated all of their music to Christ and His glory.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

May wound up back in Phenac City. She had befriended a woman in that town who invited her to the new church that was just recently built there. They were the most welcoming, loving people she had ever known. She started going regularly and gave her heart to Christ that same year. When the worship team's pianist moved away, the spot was open and they were searching for a replacement. May took the job.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A/N, many years later:

So uh... as I look back on this fic and several of my other early ones, I'm filled with a whole lotta oof. I'm glad to see how much I've improved since then, but when it comes to the ignorance I had on sensitive topics... I'm just like HOW COULD I

Sorry for all the times I don't know what I'm talking about or oversimplify things. With this one in particular, I think I was frustrated with some stuff in my life at the time, idk. But thank you to everyone who has shown love to this story over the years, even though I now think it's... well... a bad example of what it could've been.