Chapter One

As Ava got the train from platform two at Edinburgh Waverly Train station She hurried on as if they were about to leave without her, Lugging her very heavy suitcase on she finds her seat, with a sigh of relief she was happy to get a seat.

"Finally" I mumbled to myself,

"Would you like the paper lass?" asked the man beside me

"No thank you sir" i replied with a a sort of half smile on my face.

As I watched the trees and hills go by me, an announcement came on and said "Sorry everybody we are going to have to stop at Harrogate to re-stock up on fuel, sorry for any inconvenience"

"Great!" me and the man beside me mumbled to ourselves.

I started to hunt for my phone in my bag, i finally found it and when i switched it on a lot of notification came on saying 'Good luck Ava at your new job!', 'send us picks of London' and the funniest one of all was the one from Kayla 'If you see any hot guys text me them and send me a pic thanks babes!! xx'. Ah how i love Kayla she was my best friend all through high school and then we both got into to the same University and we have been closer ever since. "I miss Kayla but i'm a grown woman know" I thought to myself. As we went past the boarders into England I started feeling panicky like this was really happening, I don't know why i was feeling this I got the job i dreamed about so why am I scared. All of a sudden i can hear my phone going off, i quickly scrambled to find it. It was mum. I answered it with confidence hiding my nervousness.

"hello Mum?" I said

"Aw Honey where are you?" She replied with sch a sweet tone to her voice

"Want a precise geographical location?"

Mum laughed as i said it.

"No, just a rough idea"

" Okay well we've just past the boarders i'm finally in England"

"Why are you so nervous, is this not what you wanted?" Sounding concerned

"What do you mean, I got my dream job and know i'm moving to my favourite city, how can i be nervous" I hesitated

"Honey, Please i can hear it in your voice, your father would have been very proud"

A short silence happen while i gathered my words

about to cry i replied with "I know, he was, my hero"

"He was honey and he loved you with all his heart." Mum said while crying.

"Mum don't cry please" I said quietly so the man next to me couldn't hear me.

"Well i better let you go it's half past 8" she said with her voice all shaky

"Okay, i love you!"

"Bye honey, I love you more than to the moon and back!"

"Bye" I said as i hung up.

The lady with the coffee trolley came and offered me some juice, I shocked my had at her, she smiled and walked away asking if anybody else wanted anything. The man came to collect the tickets, i passed him my ticket and he said " I have to print you off a ticket from Harrogate to York and then York to London Kings X"

"Okay" I replied reaching for my purse,

" Free of charge, it's our fault we have to stop at Harrogate" he said with the worlds most put on smile on his face

"Oh okay,thank you" as i reached for my ticket.

It was 30 more minutes before we hit Harrogate,I just regretted trying to get my suitcase back off the train,UGH! First world problems! Did they not even fill the train up at Aberdeen?? Guess not and now we have to stop at Harrogate,Well i was wasting my time i was observing the people on the train there is 3 types of people, 1, those who like to sit by them self and do crosswords, read magazines, news papers etc. the 2nd type is those that have conversations with anybody and anything, the 3rd like to fall asleep and not do anything at all, well i guess i fit into that category. The man beside me had fell asleep and it was strangest thing i have every seen he was muttering and moving his limbs while sleeping, i just hope when I get the train to York and then London that I don't have to sit beside him, i didn't know how to respond.