Chapter 10

This woman. The woman who I thought loved me and would forever care for me, the woman standing in front of me this very moment was no longer capable of loving or being a maternal icon. She was something totally different, something that I never thought I would ever call my mother; malicious.

Yet what kind of mother, and father, raises their child to believe that they were the only one. The ONLY one. I grew up alone with no one to call my brother or sister, no one to share my secrets and thoughts to and now they have a nerve to blurt this out to me knowing how it'll affect me. I want to believe her because there really isn't a reason to lie to me anymore but deep down I know better because she's doing this in spite of my "perfectness".

Though what I don't understand is why they think I'm a goody-two-shoes if this is the way they raised me? It just doesn't make sense. Thinking of all the things that I've ever done wrong both of my parents were always understanding and we always found a way together to get through it; whether it was braking my mom's favorite vase when I was 6 and even, surprisingly, when I was raped at 17. Actually now that I think about it, my father kept blaming me for the incident, though it wasn't my fault. Now I'm starting to wonder if he had anything to do with it. For his sake I hope not.

My mother is still sitting in front of me, probably waiting for me to blow up or break down about her confession but I'm not giving her the benefit of the doubt.

"It finally feels good to get that off my chest. Now there are no more secrets between us... well actually there is one but I'm saving that one for a rainy day," she said with an evil smile.

"Well that's good to know, but when can I go. I'm kind of late to the "My Mother and Father are Psychos" meeting it started a half hour ago," I stated with the most serious face. If she wants to play dirty then fine two can play at that game.

"Oh Ha! Someone thinks their funny, but I will have you know, I am not the crazy one baby girl," She said grabbing my cheeks. "Colin is."

"I'm not afraid of you or that ass. So if this is the best you've got then bring it on bitch because I'm ready to fight." Now it's time for step 2 in my plan to escape; memorize every window, door, nook & cranny to get out of this hellhole.