Not Even Death Can Tear Us Apart. chapter 3

Abby POV: has been two days, just two days, my Ace is dead. What should I do now? My entire fault… and for reason after that bite I feel different, I feel stronger physically, but mentally I am still the same… little girl. Mum and dad where dead and I was the only child, I have been on care till my 17th. Ace was my everything, the only thing I had to live for, and that vampire guy had to ruin my life, I will never forgive him.

The house was silent till, a group of strangers come to my room through the window, I was like what the hell, and they look normally to me, but it seem they weren’t, one of the girls spoke to me :

Girl: hello Abby my name is Kami, welcome to the crew

Abby: what? What crew? Who said I wanted to join?

Kami: well in the position you are at, you might love to join

Abby: what you mean?! Do you even know what happened to my life?!

Kami: you got attacked by a vampire, your boyfriend is dead, and you have been in care before your 17th and now you are half vampire and half human so you probably hate vampires now.

I was in shock how she knew about my life, but I agreed with her, now I hated vampires, and whatever this crew does to them as long is making them suffer like I am, I am in. She had her hand waiting to hold mine, I straight away hold it.

Abby: bring it on

She had a smile in her face like she knew it me well. We went by car, the whole journey was just all of them speaking about random stuff and laughing, I didn’t have no choice, since I didn’t have no reason to leave anymore I might just well turn into an assassin and brake the law. We got to a big mansion deep in what it seemed a forest. Everyone run inside, I just walked slowly inside and looking at my surroundings, there was about 6 boys and 3 girls lined up plus the Kami.

Kami: this is our team Abby. We are the ones that protect this Area from vampires, eventually we weren’t able to save you in your case, for some reason we couldn’t sense any vampire, we are still investigating why. I am not the leader of this group, there are many of us in the world and each group got their own leader, our dear leader, Aaron , wasn’t able to be here, you will meet him later, basically we protect humans from vampires, we all half vampires and half human, sadly. This team you can get to know them later…

I just nodded she left and everyone just started moving around, when she talked about this Aaron dude she was blushing, where they in a relationship? Or did she just like him? While I wondered around one of the boys come up to me..

Boy: hey my name is Edwin and I am going to train you how to fight vampires

Abby: oh ok thank you I guess…

There was a long silence; he had black hair that fell into his eyes. His eyes where pure green and where staring at my gold brown eyes, he was totally tall and fit, I felt awkward then he spoke:

Edwin: you are beautiful

Abby: thank you… I guess

Edwin POV: I was so honourable that I was going to teach a beautiful girl like her but scared to leave any scars on her.  I never been the shy type, everything I think about a girl I say it, I don’t like to hold in for long and I wasn’t afraid of staring at her, I really like her big brown eyes, they were amazing ..

Edwin: should we start the training then?

Abby: sure

I took her to the battlefield, where we normally train, today we were going to start with the swords, I frowned one towards her obviously expecting her to catch it, but she simply moved away and look at it then back to me…

Abby: are you crazy?! This thing is heavy! Didn’t your mum teach you that you shouldn’t frown knives? And are we going to fight with this?! I thought was just sticking in wood stick in their hearts!

I cracked up laughing, she really didn’t know the truth about vampires, they don’t die like that, they only die by being chopped into pieces and then burned or else, their body member will just regrow, plus we were strong physically, we could pick up a sword if was like a toy one.

Abby: what’s funny?!

Edwin: well they don’t die like that, they have to be chopped off and burned, or else their body members will regrow.

Abby: what’s the whole point fighting a beast like that?!

Edwin: there is, because having their body regrows makes them tired, so they have to repose, while they do that we have the chance to kill them

Abby: oh true…

Edwin: ok pick up the sword

Abby: is heavy!

Edwin: how do you know? Just do it

Abby: fine!

I watched her picking it up easily, her eyes just widened, she played with it  for a few minutes while she realised that wasn’t heavy since we are strong physically..

Abby: wow I take what I just said; ok what do I do now

Edwin: you need to fight me

Abby: what?! If in hurt you?!

Edwin: we also heal fast, so doesn’t really matter, and our body members regrow too but takes a day and it hurts.

Abby: oh my gosh I am scared

Edwin: let’s do it

Abby POV: when he said that, he was already next to me, he brushed his sword through my arm, I started bleeding and I was already on the floor, it burned but not much as I thought, I stood up and I looked at the blood I was losing, this wasn’t a game at all….