17.

*the next day (Calum's POV)*

"So everyone's coming over today, Shay, Niall and Michael. I told Mike you came back and to bring the others today to surprise them." I say looking down at Ariyah who was cuddled up to me on the couch.

"Really? That's great Cal." She says back softly.

She hasn't been talking very loudly or really much at all since she came back. Everything about her is cautious now. Like she's suddenly afraid of everything in life or some how something is going to get her. But I won't ever let anything like that happen to her again.

"They should be over soon why don't you go get ready, love?" She nods and gets up to go get ready.

A message from Michael comes in saying he's picking the other two up now, then they are headed our way. I message him a simple 'okay' back, and make my way into the bedroom.

Ariyah is there looking through her clothes trying to decide what to wear I guess. There were about three outfits laid out on the bed. I walked over and looked at them all as she searched the closet.

"Babe I like this one." I pointed at a Nirvana shirt with ripped black skinny jeans. "Just something casual, the other two are way to fancy for just friends coming around."

"Alright. I just haven't seen anyone in just as long as I hadn't seen you so I didn't know.."

"Well it's not like you dressed up for me." I lightly chuckled thinking it would come across as funny.

Apparently it didn't as her face showed a bit of sadness. She scooted past me to grab the clothes then walked in front of the dresser. I watched as she changed her clothes, then began brushing her hair in the mirror.

"Baby, I'm sorry." My arms made my way around her stomach while I stood behind her, "you know I didn't mean it like that. You were just as beautiful as you are now, I love how you look at any given moment no matter what." I whispered softly in her ear.

My hand pulled her hair to one side of her neck and my face went to the other side. Her breath hitched when my lips connected with her neck. I glanced up at her in the mirror to find her eyes closed. A smile made its way across my face as I saw what I could do to her with such a simple action.

She set the brush down as I turned her around, admiring her as I did so. Slowly I made circles on her cheek with my thumb and looked deep in her eyes. We slowly leaned in, closing our eyes in the process, until our lips met.

The kiss got heated until there was knocking on the door. And then ringing of the door bell along with it. I pulled back frustrated because this was so amazing. Fucking Michael and Niall.

"Stay here, I'll tell you when to come out." I told her, kissed her quickly once more, then made my way to the door.

Time to act all depressed and shit again.

/\//\/\/\/\/\/\\
Sorry I haven't posted in so long I've been busy these past few days and then in my free time Netflix was calling my name...