seven ☽

Pain. Pain. Pain.

That was all I could feel as my eyelids opened.

My back hurt, I had a headache, and my lip was busted.

I looked down, noticing I was tied up to a chair.

Once I remembered everything, my eyes widened.

I began kicking and screaming, trying to gain the attention of a passerby or something. Anything so I could get out of here and into the arms of safety.

Sadly, the only voice I could here was my echo ringing in the room.

After what seemed like hours-- which turned out to only be minutes-- I could hear the shuffling of feet and a muffled voice.

You can go. I'll look after her.❞ A strangely familiar voice sounded from outside of the rusty door that kept me away from freedom.

As I heard footsteps retreating, the door swung open.

Ariana! You're okay!

Justin.

He faked this, didn't he? He certainly wasn't kidnapped. Frankly, I'm the one who's kidnapped.

Was the 'love' he expressed to me all an act? Was it all leading to this? My death?

Don't talk to me, you trashbag. You sicken me.❞ I spat at him harshly.

He flinched at my tone, but I didn't feel an ounce of sympathy or guiltiness.

He sighed. ❝I figured you'd be like this. Well, hear me out, okay?❞ He spoke, sitting down in front of me.

He rubbed the back of his neck.

I don't really have much of a choice.❞ I grumbled, glaring at him coldly.

-

I felt sad. I felt pity towards him. I felt complete guilty because of the way I was treating him earlier.

He was forced to do this. He didn't have a choice. Yet here I was moments ago, pointing fingers and jumping to conclusions.

That's why I'm going to get you out of here and take us to the FBI. They probably won't accept me and imprison me, but at least I'll sleep knowing you're safe.❞ He spoke gently as he carefully cut the ropes around my wrists that tied me to the chair.

As I sighed a sigh of relief, I turned towards Justin.

No. They either accept you or they can't accept me.❞ I spoke determinedly, making Justin smile slightly.

Hey! I wanted to be the charming one.❞ He faked angriness, letting out a laugh seconds after.

I laughed as well as we made our way out.

Oi! What're you doin', kid?!❞ I heard a man from the side of the porch.

Justin pushed me behind him and proceeded to punch the man unconscious.

As I stared at the scene in front of me, I heard footsteps coming behind of me.

I guess you could call it heroic instincts of some sort, but I immediately turned around, kicking the guy in the face, causing him to trip over his own feet and fall to the ground.

I guess years of underground training really do pay off.

There you go, stealing the spotlight again.❞ Justin laughed, swinging an arm over my shoulder as we walked to the car.

As we safely entered the car, I leaned over the armrest to give Justin a peck on the cheek.

Thank you. I spoke gratefully, smiling as I made my way back to my seat.

I could've sworn I saw a tint of pink on his cheeks. But I wasn't one to talk considering my face was probably beet red right about now.

I sighed as he began driving away from the scene.

With my hand in his, I gazed at the sun rise from the window.

Serenity. Peacefulness. Soothingly calm.

That's all I wanted to feel from now on.

guysss :(( sadly, is coming to an end. chapter 8 will be the last chapter. [+epilogue] i'm pretty sure i mentioned that this was a short story, before.

thank you all so much for sticking by me and continuing to read, vote, and comment. it means so much to me.

as always,

Comments and votes are always appreciated.
~(◠‿◕✿)