0.1 ∇ Welcome Back to Mystic Falls

Chapter One

Inside the new Watson residence, the eldest brunette was rushing to get her younger sister out the house

Inside the new Watson residence, the eldest brunette was rushing to get her younger sister out the house. Clarke wanted to get to Mystic Falls High with enough time to allow her to find her classrooms but Claire wasn't budging.

"Claire, please, I don't want to be late." Clarke snapped frustratingly, running a hand through her hair. The youngest Watson ignored her, walking past her to get a cup of coffee.

"You wouldn't be so stressed out right now if you hadn't suddenly moved us half way across the country." Claire muttered knowingly, looking at Clarke with an arched eyebrow.

"Don't be so dramatic." The brunette snapped, glaring at her sister. "You should've seen this coming. You knew I couldn't stay one moment longer in that place and I knew you couldn't either."

"You mean you thought I couldn't-" Before the youngest brunette could continue, Clarke cut her off.

"No, Claire. I knew, I'm not stupid. I could hear you crying at night, I could see that you couldn't even walk by their room or even use the same mugs that they loved. I moved us back to Mystic Falls because living in that house is a harsh reminder of who we lost. Having to walk around and sleep in the place where they were shot and killed was painful."

Claire sighed deeply, taking in Clarke's words. Without a final glance, the young brunette grabbed her bag and made her way out to the front.

Clarke took in a breath of relief, quickly grabbing her things as well and following her sister out the door.

The drive to school was awkward, an uncomfortable silence settled between the siblings. Once they did get there, Claire got out without a word and went her own way.

Ignoring the pang of hurt Clarke felt in her chest, she forced herself out the car as well. The brunette didn't feel mentally prepared to face everyone she had grown up with in her childhood. But she couldn't hide forever.