PROLOGUE

DISCLAIMER: I do not own The Vampire Diaries, all the credit goes to the amazing producers of the show. Though I do own Clarke and the other characters/events that I incorporate.

Prologue

The dark sky brought an eerie fog, crowding the streets of Mystic Falls

The dark sky brought an eerie fog, crowding the streets of Mystic Falls. Though that didn't stop 17-year old Clarke Watson from going on her usual nighttime jog.

The brunette was frustrated and stressed from moving her sister and herself from New York to come back to the small town. It didn't help that Claire was giving the brunette the cold shoulder, angered by the sudden move.

Her run was cut short when she noticed a body laying in the middle of the road. Clarke took out her earphones and quickly made her towards the man.

"Are you alright?" She questioned softly, helping the man sit up. Though it was dark, the moonlight was enough for Clarke to see the stranger's gorgeous blue eyes.

Damon Salvatore was taken back by the beauty of the brunette. He was slightly confused at her close resemblance to his lost love, Katherine.

Standing to his feet, he gave her a breath-taking smile.

"I'm fine, thank you." He answered, smirking slightly down at the brunette.

"Are you sure?" Clarke asked again, worried that the stranger might be suffering from a psychotic breakdown.

"What's your name?" Damon questioned, taking a step closer to her.

"Clarke." The brunette laughed, raising an eyebrow as she looks at the man. "Do you normally spend your time laying out on roads to hit on girls?"