~13~

Third POV

"Throw it to second!Throw it to second!" Ham yelled to Vanessa, who had just caught the ball from Benny's hit.Without thinking she threw the ball directly to Scotty, who was guarding second.Just as he caught it Benny's foot touched the base.

"Out!" "No, In!" Everyone burst out arguing.

"Guys!' Vanessa shouted, trying to break up the commotion, "Lets just-"

"Get back to the game, its only 12." She started, but having Benny cut her off.Everyone grunted and started making their way to their position.Just when Vanessa was about to swing the bat, when Phillips came with his little gang. Vanessa thought that after what she said to him the other day would get him to back off..Everyone stopped what they were doing and glared.She groaned and flung her bat to the side, following behind them.They were all decked in uniforms.Vanessa almost laughed, they're playing baseball ,not going to a ball.

"Aha, must be easy when your playing with a bunch of rejects and a girl isn't it Rodriguez?"The front one said.Vanessa scrunched her hands into fists.

"Shut your mouth Phillips." Benny commanded, motioning his bat around as he talked.
"What, as if the fat kid wasn't enough, you got a girl.You all shouldn't even be allowed to touch a ball, besides Rodriguez you're all an insult to the game."Vanessa stepped forward, staring coldly at him.
"Ha, so your the new addition to this sad excuse for a team huh, babe?"Phillips asked, scoffing.

"You really want that bat up your ass don't you." Vanessa said coldly.The guys laughed at his expression.
"Tomorrow, at noon, our field." Phillips stated glaring.Him and his "posse" turning on their bikes and heading away.Everyone cheered.

"Yeah Yeah, now we are playing a game against them, we should practice." Yeah Yeah suggested, picking up the dropped baseball mitt from the ground.

"You think you'll be ready to play a game?" Vanessa turned and saw Benny standing there, holding his bat in his left hand.She nodded and smiled, "I have played baseball before."Benny laughed slightly,

"Well yeah, i've seen your pitching."Heat rose to her cheeks, touching them with pink lightly.Vanessa moved her head so her hair covered it partially.Ham stepped forward, and yelled,

"Are you to love birds down over there or what?"

"Shut it"Vanessa said throwing water to Ham.Suddenly it's quickly turn into a water fight between everyone.

"Alright I know that you guys want to have fun but we are playing Phillips and his gang we really should practice so we can beat their asses tomorrow"Benny said

"Yes sir" Vanessa yell and everyone went to their spots. They all start to practice

They started to head out of the sandlot when was getting dark.

"So I heard that you guys play against Phillips and his gang last summer and you won." Vanessa said to Benny

"Yeah that right we did but Ham was saying thing to others that he made them don't hit the ball."Benny said laughing at the memory

"Well my stop is here so see ya tomorrow " Vanessa said and kiss Benny in the cheek. She walk into her house. Benny just stay there and he touch his cheek. He went in his house smiling like a dork.

"Why are you so happy about Benny" his mom asked

"Nothing it's just a good night you know" Benny said walking in his room

"He's in love" his mom said to herself and rolling her eyes.