Uh Oh Spaghettios

June 8th 2008

Layla was jolted awake when something in the plane clattered to the floor. Abran had accidently knocked over his laptop. She sighed and leaned her head back.

"Papá, you'll break it. Be careful." Hugo scolded. Abran grumbled something about technology.

"What time is it?" Layla asked, her voice strained.

"Time for you to go back to sleep. We're about twenty minutes in the air and it's about eight am." Hugo told her. She groaned and rubbed her hand over face.

"Brilliant. Now I feel like I won't get back to my dream." Layla pouted.

"What were you dreaming about?" Asked Abran, clicking a button constantly on his computer.

"Lollipops and candy canes." Layla replied grumpily. Abran scoffed.

"Then it must've been a nightmare, you hate those striped sugar canes." He said.

"I was dreaming about a clock tower. I was fixing it so an old woman could go up the stairs." Layla corrected. Hugo faked shock.

"Oh no, it's worse than peppermint! Layla Faliva helping a stranger, oh no!" He exclaimed. Layla kicked his calf. Hugo laughed, rubbing his leg. "Don't like sarcasm unless you're the one behind it, huh?"

"I haven't had a coffee yet and I'm holding a knife." Layla warned. Hugo scooted farther away from Layla, closer to his father, who was still furiously clicking a button. Hugo calmly pressed a different key, fixing the problem. "Why are you such a morning person, hermano?"

"I'm not. That's why I'm sassy and you're murderous." He replied.

"Brilliant." Layla shut her eyes and tried to fall back asleep, but now that she could hear the engine and had actually gotten up and said something, she felt wide awake. "Just great." She muttered.

"What?" Hugo asked.

"Nothing," Layla sat up again, rubbing her face. "How long is this flight?"

"About eight hours. Maybe more." Abran answered.

"We'll get there around noonish." Hugo added. Layla stood up, holding onto the seat.

"I'll ask the pilot to go a bit faster, then." She slowly made her way to the pilot's' compartment. Layla rapped on the door with her knuckles and entered. "Hey, Jason, just wondering if you could-" Layla stopped in her tracks when she saw the pilot's jacket. There was a red and black H on the back with several lines going through the center line. The Habich crest.

"Oh, hello, Layla." The pilot said, a familiar voice. Abel.

"Oh, okay then. Continue...piloting." She backed out of the compartment and felt the plane shake a bit as she went back to Abran and Hugo. Layla shut Abran's computer and stared at them. "Did you know our pilot is someone named Abel Habich, not Jason Shortt?" She asked. They glanced at each other. "I take that as a no. This is a problem." Layla moved out of the way as the two men charged the compartment, guns in hand. Hugo dragged Abel out and shoved him against the wall, Abran becoming the pilot.

"What are you doing here?" Hugo demanded.

"What does it look like? I'm piloting." Abel answered.

"Yeah, sure, piloting us where? Into a trap?"

"Doesn't matter anymore. We're all waiting for this plane to land and take it over. Then we can take away three of Marcos Cain's most valuable treasures." Abel grinned. "The Habich family is all over Europe, there is no way you can escape this one."

"Yeah, try me." Hugo hit the butt of his gun against Abel's head, and he collapsed to the ground. "Hey Papá, looks like we'll be heading back to-" But Abel wasn't knocked out. He jumped up and ran into the pilot compartment, locking the door. "Papá!" Hugo and Layla both dashed to the door, pounding on it. There was a gunshot and the plane started to shake.

"Abran?" Layla shouted, hoping for a response. There was none. "Abran!" The plane started to descend, making a lot of things not latched in tumble and clatter on the ground.

"Layla, hey, look at me." Hugo grabbed her shoulder and faced her. "Go get two parachutes."

"But-"

"Now, Layla!" Hugo demanded, pushing her towards the emergency kits. Layla fell on her hands and knees from the plane's turbulence and searched through the mess on the ground for the parachutes. When she found two of them, she turned to see the compartment door open and Abel tackle Hugo to the ground, holding a gun, his forehead bloody. The two of them wrestled, kicking away some of the things around them. Hugo knocked the gun away and shoved Abel off of him onto the seat, then took Layla's hand and shoved her at the door. "Get ready to jump, I'm right behind you!" They strapped on their parachutes and Hugo pressed the button for the door to open. But right before they jumped, Hugo was pulled back and Layla was falling through the air alone.