Payback

~Jessie~

"Hey Rebekah! How was your summer?" I say happily when I walk into the commons and see her sitting at a table alone. Which isn't surprising, because its not like there are that many people at the school at seven thirty in the morning.

"It was great! We went white water rafting! It was just so much fun! How was yours?" She says excitedly.

"It was good. I spent, a lot, of time at cheer practice or practicing cheers, but got to go up to White Water almost every weekend." I give her a small smile.

"That's great. So it's true then? That Logan..."

"Umm, could we not talk about that please?" I ask cutting her off.

"It's okay I won't tell anyone. I just can't believe that she did that to you." I try to nod and smile, but after my run in with Tristan this morning, I am not in the mood to talk about the end of last year.

"...I mean really it was just a complete shock." I just catch the end of her sentence, but I'm kinda glad I didn't have to hear the whole thing.

"Yeah, but hey it was nice talking to you. Hopefully we have some classes together. I have to go clear up something on my schedule, but we'll talk soon?" I ask her.

"Of course! Bye!" She says happily. I turn back around as I walk away and I see she has pulled out a book, which is the normal thing for Rebekah. I walk down the hall and turn right and I walk straight into the girls restroom.

I walk up to a mirror and look at my reflection. My long hair is pulled up into a high ponytail. I am smiling, a happy smile. I'm wearing a light blue blouse, jeans, and my favorite ugg boots. Its one of the things I never could understand. How I could hide my emotions so well that I fool people into thinking I am perfectly fine, when I'm not. I can even fool myself on good days. I'm not saying I'm hated, that I have no friends, and I'm not popular. The only person I'm hated by is Logan, I have a lot of friends, and being a cheerleader it's hard not to be popular, but sometimes the emptiness I feel inside is just to strong. I tell myself that Logan isn't the same person I grew up with and it works most of the time, but you can't always hide all your feelings from yourself.

Riiiiiiiiiing

"Shoot!" I mutter to myself as I hurry out of the bathroom.

"Watch where you're going!" Her snooty voice screeches.

You have got to be kidding me.

I look and see exactly who I just ran into, even though I knew exactly who it is.

"Hello Jessiie" she draws my name out annoyingly.

"Logan." I reply quickly.

"So heard you had a bit of a run in with my brother. You just can't leave us alone, can you?" She asks. I look around her and see her two regular followers.

A lot of things run through my mind to reply to her, but all of them wouldn't be at all nice to say. So I roll my eyes and walk away quickly down the hall.

It's only begun and I can tell today just isn't going to be my day. 

                                                                       ~Logan~

"That's all you're going to do? You're just going to let her walk away?" Stacy asks as we watch Jessie's retreating figure get lost in the muddle of students.

I turn around and glare at her.

"You know me better than that!" I snapped at her.

"So you have something else planned?" Casey asks quietly. She looked around worried, especially when she saw a clock.

"Of course." I said to both of my closest friends, "Now come on, if we leave now we might get to class on time. We wouldn't want Casey to jump out of her skin, if we're even a second late now would we?"

I could see that Casey was annoyed and embarrassed.

"Oh you know we love you. Now stop pouting please." I say drawing out the please.

"Fine." She said after a few seconds.

"Great. Now may we go?" She nods her head barely,"Stacy, my books please?"

She hands me my books and then we walk halfway across the school to our first period, Algebra 2. I spend the whole hour ignoring the teacher as usual. Actually I ignore all four of my morning teachers, not like they are saying anything we haven't heard in the past first days of school.

Stacy, Casey, and I all arrive at lunch early. I insist that we all go up and get a school lunch.

"But why? We all packed our lunches." Casey asks.

"Just do it. We won't be eating it anyways!" I say firmly. We all cut in front of the line and are through the food line in minutes.

We all sit down at our regular table and gratefully push our trays to the middle of the table. Stacy and Casey keep asking why we got them in the first place, but I just drink my bottled water. When she arrives I tell them both to dump their food from their trays onto mine.

"What?" Stacy asks.

"Just do it!" I bark at her. So they both dump the slimy contents of their trays onto the slimy content of mine. I time it perfectly.

As she leaves the food line, I start to get up from my chair with my tray.

"Logan?" Casey whispers. I don't even say anything just shoot her a glare that tells her to shut the he** up! I start walking, a little quicker than usual, towards the area with the food line. So it all goes perfectly, my fake tripping, the precision of my flying tray, and the spot on hit of slimy, tomato sauce covered spaghetti onto her not so perfect face.

"Ahh!!" Her scream breaks the barrier of the usual level of voices of the lunch room. Every eye is on her, not that she can see much now.

"Why did you do that?" She cries out trying to get tomato sauce out of her eyes so she can see.

"Because you deserved it you little, pathetic b****. Maybe now you will learn to not get into people's way and leave my family alone!" I tell her angrily. The room is so quiet that every word sounds ten times louder. Slowly, but surely, everyone starts to laugh at the pathetic excuse of a human being in front of them.

It would have gone perfectly, had I factored in a certain person.

"What are you doing?!" Tristan has to yell over the laughing.

"Teaching Jessie here a little lesson." I tell him. His face is slowly growing red and I know he is pissed, but I could care less right about now. He wraps his arm around her shoulders and leads her down the aisle in between the lunch tables.

He wasn't supposed to help her! He's related to me, not her! He's supposed to side with me!

"Tristan!" I yell after him. The room had been dead silent since Tristan wrapped his arm around her. The word vibrates around the room into every crevice, but he doesn't turn around. He just walks off with her.