What a great way to start the morning!

(6years later)

~Jessie~

Beep Beep Beep...

I turn over in my bed and let my hand fall onto the off button. I roll over on my back and stare up at the ceiling. Today was the first day of my Junior year and at the least you could say I was dreading it. I had managed all summer to make sure I never saw a glimpse of her and now I would be forced into the same building as her.

Trying my best to push her out of my mind, I glance back over at my alarm clock. The flashing numbers tell me that it is 5:05am. I kick off my covers and grab the sweats that are laying at the foot of my bed, as I run into the bathroom. Once I have gotten dressed, brushed my teeth, and pulled my long brunette hair into a tight bun, I emerge from the bathroom and run back to my bedroom to slip on my tennis shoes. I don't like being behind even if was just five minutes behind.

After I had tied my shoes and grabed my ipod off my desk, I hurry outside trying to make the least amount of noise as possible so as not to wake my sleeping parents.

When I open the front door I feel the cold air from the still darkness outside rush towards me. I shut the door and gratefully walk outside into the coolness. The perfect time for running is in the morning, since as soon as the sun shows itself the temperature will swiftly rise to a sweltering eighty degrees outside.

I unwrap my ear phones from around my ipod and stick them in my ears, flip it on, choose my running song list, and blast it as loud as possible. I take off at a slow jog, listening to the music blasting in my ears forcing my thoughts to the back of my mind.

I keep on running, feeling my heart pound in my chest in rhythm with every footstep. My thoughts had been muted and nothing mattered, but the feeling of my heartbeat and the ground beneath my feet. My mother has told me on more than one occasion that I can't outrun my problems, but for that one second when the only thing I'm paying attention to is my breathing I feel like all my problems just dropped off behind me.

'I just ran into a wall.'

That's the thought that passes through my mind as I run into something while I had been in my daze. I could hear loud thumps coming from somewhere far away. My eyes are shut tight and I have to use more effort than necessary to open them and see the white stars above me, I slam them shut again. Stars remind me of the nights we spent together during sleep overs.

I force that memory to the back of my head and force myself to open my eyes yet again and try to sit up. Sitting up would have been easier had there not been someone laying on top of me.

"Oh my god, please get off of me!" I try to say loudly, but it comes out as a whisper. The figure doesn't say a word just picked itself off of me. I sit up and start frantically looking around for my ipod, which I could still hear clearly playing a Katy Perry song. Not that I could see much of anything since the sun wouldn't start coming up until six. So I use my hands and move them across the concrete feeling for something hard and smooth. Instead I grab something very warm and soft.

"Sorry." I say quickly, pulling my hand away.

"It's fine. Are you okay? I didn't mean to run into you." My heart skips a beat. I know that voice. How couldn't I know that voice? I grew up with the owner of that voice.

"Tristan?" I ask rubbing my head which had started to hurt. I can see as Tristan's head turns around to look at me in the darkness, though I can only see a dark outline of a person.

"Jessie? Oh my god. Here let me help you up." He stumbles to his feet and extends his hand to me. I wasn't very happy about taking it, I was trying to figure out why in the world he was talking to me. Hadn't Logan told him all about what she did? I bet they both had a nice laugh at my expense.

As soon as I am upright I pull my hand away quickly.

"What in the world are you doing out here? Why weren't you paying attention to where you were going?" I ask him angrily.

"I could ask you the same, though I'm sure we're both out here for the same reason." I just glare at his face or in the area I think his face is.

"You were out running right?" He asks quickly.

"So?" I ask him irritated. I decide that while he is making a fool of himself that I will at least do something productive. I move my foot around along the sidewalk trying to find my ipod, I hope the stupid lug didn't land on it when he fell on top of me.

"Well so was I." He says as if it wasn't obvious.

"And I care why?" I ask him. The foot thing isn't helping much so I decided to just get down on my hands and knees to search for it.

"What are you doing?" I hear his voice up above me.

"Looking for my ipod which I dropped when, wait why did I drop it? Oh yeah because some stupid, hundred and sixty pound football player ran into me!" I say angrily.

"You didn't think we were stupid last year, when we won the championship. Which if I remember right, you were at cheering for us in your black and red outfit. What's that called again?" He asks me. Even though it was dark and I wasn't facing him, I knew he was wearing that stupid smirk of his.

"My cheer leading uniform." I say under my breath.

"Oh yeah that's right." He says happily, thinking he had won.

"Either way, you're still stupid. Not only are you stupid, you are a jerk because you aren't even trying to help me find my ipod, even though it was your fault that I dropped it." I pull myself up into a sitting position and place my head in my hands. My parents were going to kill me, they just gave me that ipod two months ago for my birthday.

"Here use this." I look up and see something glowing in the darkness.

"What is it?" I ask dumbly.

"Wow! Are you telling me that the all star student is asking me what a cell phone is? You sure you're okay?" He asks as he hands me the phone.

"I'm peachy thanks for asking." I say sarcastically. I run the light over the space in front of me, not really looking. When I spot something silver. I reach forward and pick up my ipod. Stupid thing had been right beside me the whole time. Just my luck.

"Seriously, are you okay?" He asks me as I get to my feet unsteadily.

"Mind your own business okay?" I say quickly and put my ear buds back in. The first rays of the sun started peeking out and I could see a rough outline of Tristan in front of me. I think I see his jaw move, so I take out my ear buds unhappily.

"What did you say?" I ask.

"I asked, why do you hate her so much?" He repeats to me.

"Like you don't know." I say moving to turn around and start heading home. He lightly grabs hold of my shoulder.

"I don't. Why would I ask if I knew?" I look at him like he is the stupidest person alive.

"I don't know, for something new to laugh about?" I tell him.

"What are you talking about?" He asks angrily. I'm kinda shocked, I was for sure he knew about what happened at the end of the school year.

I regain my composure and say quickly,"ask her."

Then I jog off down the sidewalk, letting myself turn around to sneak a glance at him. Unfortunately, for me, I turn around right when I am under a streetlight and he catches me. I turn around, feeling my cheeks start to heat up, and jog faster. I don't look back again.