Chapter 52 - Kayleigh

They decided to leave us on a cliffhanger and made us wait until tomorrow.

Hazel and Frank went to spread the news to the rest of the seven.

Will took Nico to the infirmary, all the way scolding him and giving him a lecture.

Chiron just went back inside.

The rest each went to their own cabins, but Percy walked Annabeth to her cabin.

So, yay! I'm alone! With nothing to do!

I just decided to go to the creek and practice, I didn't feel like going to my cabin.

I walked there humming a song and wondering if there were any ways to listen to songs on camp.

When I arrived at the creek I shivered. Not of the cold, I don't really notice the cold. It was because of the water.

I hate water, I'm afraid of water and waves, so of course I have to be daughter of Poseidon and have really crappy water powers.

I rightened myself and tried controlling the water so I wouldn't get wet if I went inside.

Someone told me Percy had this power, so why wouldn't I have it?

I took off my shoes and put in a foot, willing it to not get wet, with my eyes closed.

And it worked! I mentally highfived myself and I decided to try the other foot and it all went right.

Testing my luck, I put in all of my leg in the water, and that didn't go that right. I slipped and fell in the water, getting all wet.

I got out of the water shivering, wondering what I did to deserve this.

I walked back to my cabin in a bad mood. Well, in my defense, who would be in a good mood after being soaked with ice cold water?

Am I supposed to be like "Yay! I'm so happy I fell in the freezing water!". No.

When I was arriving at the cabin, about to go inside the warm heaven and warm myself, Percy called my name.

"Why are you completely wet?" He asked me, and I clenched my teeth, not really in the best mood.

"I was training and fell in the water." I said in a monotone tone, though he didn't seem to notice that I wasn't wanting to talk at the very moment.

In fact, he found it funny. He irritated me. I don't get easily irritated, I don't know what got into me.

"It's not funny!" I yelled as a child and stomped my foot. And I kinda, like, shook the ground a bit.

I think Percy then understood that was not the right time to joke around. Plus I found out my Poseidon powers were not water and actually earthquakes.

Percy approached me. "Sorry." I said to him and he just smiled and guided me back inside the cabin, and he helped me dry myself.

Despite the looks, Percy can be sensitive and he got that I didn't want to mention the little earthquake incident, so we stayed in silence.

Not the awkward silence, but a comforting one. I felt safe, there, with Percy, and I wished it would have just stayed like that.