CHAPTER 5

Ben's P.O.V

It had been a week since I found my mate. Sasha. She was beautiful in every way. I loved her long blonde hair that fell into gentle waves. I loved her amazingly gorgeous hazel eyes. I loved every thing about her.

She has helped me in so many ways. She saved me from the evil inside myself. All of the hatred inside me was long gone. I didn't think it was possible to love again after ehat happened with my sister. But Sasha helped me and I will love her forever for that.

Only a few days into meeting her I had marked and mated with her. We were currently in bed and she was still fast asleep. She had the cutest face when she slept. She was so peaceful. Just looking at her made my wolf and I content.

As much as I would love to sit in bed with her all day I needed to go visit Kayla. I can't keep her in that rotten place forever. I've been so cruel to this poor girl and I have no idea what to say to her. ' hey I'm sorry for being a total bastard to you for most of your life'. There's nothing I can say to make up for what I've done to her. I've basically ruined her whole life because of my anger issues. I took out everything on her and it was sick and cruel of me to harm her just because of my sister's death.

I slowly krept out of bed without waking up my mate and got dressed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I brushed my teeth and headed up to the attic. As I walked up to the creeky wooden steps I could her her heart beat starting to pickup because she could her me.

I slowly entered through the door way and the awful smell hit me. It was puke, blood, and salt. The stench was horrible and as I got closer to her because she smelled of body odor as well.

She started to visibly shaking as the distance between us decreased. Her eyes widen in fear. Looking at her on the dirty blanket huddled up in the corner mad me feel so guilty. This was all my fault. I scarred this little innocent girl for life.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Just relax," I tried telling her a in a gentle voice.

"Yes you will. You always do," she told me in a voice barely above a whisper. Then a tear slipped down her cheek. She just broke rule number one but I decided to let it go because I wanted to talk to her.

"Look I am trying. I am. Give me a chance. I am trying to be a better person."

"That's bullshit," she screamed at me and my Alpha temper finally gave in and I slapped her as hard as I could across the face. I hadn't even realized that Sasha was standing in the door way till I heard her shriek from behind me.

¤¤¤¤¤

Sasha's P.O.V

As soon as I woke up I emideiatly look beside me, hoping to see my mate. He wasn't in bed though. He probably didn't want to wake me up and was doing his Alpha duties. The thought warmed my heart. Especially with everything he has told me about his past it broke my heart listening to him tell me about how his sister died.

Flashback

We were in our bedroom after eating dinner with his parents and he didn't look right. He had a depressed look to him and I couldn't tell why. Since I had been with him he had been nothing but happy. But during dinner his mother mentioned a girl named Alice and thats where this sad aura came in. His whole mood changed.

Finally I got tired of seeing him look miserable. I patted the spot on the bed next to me and he came and sat down. I took one of his hands and started playing with his fingers. "What's wrong, baby."

"Nothing," he said looking away from me. My heart sank a little. Did he not trust me enough to tell me?

"Yes there is. Please tell me. Who is Alice? When your mom mentioned her you got all sad."

He looked back up to me and said, "she was my sister."

"Was?"He nodded his head. He wasn't going to say aby more so I kept talking. "Is she with the Moon Goddess now?" Again he nodded his head. In that instant my heart broke for him. I gulped. "What happened to her?" I asked gently.

"We were driving to go see a movie because we were close. We did everything together. It was about ten years ago. It was at night and we were at a four way intersection. We were crossing and out of nowhere a car rammed us. I didn't even see it because his head light were off. The car started rolling. Alice didn't have her seat belt on she was bouncing around all in the car. When the car stopped rolling we were on the right side. She ended up dying because of the impact her head got when we were rolling. Her skull was broke and part of the bones punctured her brain. I only made it out with a few cuts from the broken glass." After he finished his story his tears began falling. I put my arms around him and held him close.

"After she died I became angry I started taking my anger out on whatever was closest to me. Whether it was an object or a person. I ended up breaking my mother's arm. Since the accident I have had a very difficult time controlling my anger." This caused me to hold him even tighter.

"Promise me you won't ever hit an innocent person from now on," I said.

"I promise"

Flashback over

I had been so excited now that I finally had my mate. He was about six years older than me but, I didn't care. I loved him and he loved me. We were both happy.

I got out of bed and I started to look for Ben. I followed his scent up to the attic and just as I arrived I saw him slap a girl across the face that looked to be around sixteen. I let out a shriek then Ben faced me. His eyes suddenly widened and his jaw dropped.

"You promised me," tears started to well up in my eyes.

"Sasha I."

"No." I interrupted. "You broke your promise."

I looked at the girl than walked over and kneeled down in front of her. She had a red hand print across her face now from where Ben had slapped her. "What's your name, honey?"

"Kkkayla."

"How long have you been up here in this disgusting place?"

"For ten years."

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen. "

"Is this the first time Ben has hit you?" She shook her head no.

I stood up to and turned to Ben and slapped him upside the head." You are sleeping up here tonight, like you have made Kayla for ten freaking years."

I turned back to Kayla then beckoned her to follow me. I took her downstairs to the kitchen and had her sit on a bar stool. I started fixing a sandwich and once I was done I set it infront of her. "Eat up."

She slowly picked the sandwich up and started to nibble on it. She only took a few bites before she set it down and pushed it over to me.

"My name is Sasha. Lets go get you some clothes and then you can take a shower." She nodded her head and we went to Ben and I's room. I grabbed some leggings, t-shirt, and undergarments to her then pointed to the bathroom.

She stepped out of the bathroom and now that she was all clean I could see she was very beautiful. Long brown hair that went to her hips and pretty brown eyes.

"Do you want to leave here or would you like to stay as a part of the pack,"

"If wanted to leave for so long," she replied, with hope filled eyes.

"Very well. I'll back you a bag and you can be on your way."