29. Happily ever after

Four months after Jungkook had been offered his job to do a mural in Brooklyn, the boys had put their dreams into reality.

The two had moved in together. They found an apartment in Brooklyn, exactly like they hoped it to be. It was close to where Jungkook would be working for the next few weeks and out of the hustle and bustle of Manhattan. They had re-created a few bits of their past apartments, bringing aspects of their relationship that just couldn't be left behind.

Taehyung brought the painting that Jungkook had sent him in the giveaway that he had won before they even knew each other and hung it in their kitchen. He liked to call it "the piece that brought them together" which Jungkook thought was a bit too cliche for his liking. He simply called it the "New York giveaway" piece.

But along with that, they brought all of Jungkook's other printings with them as well, some of them hanging all over the walls throughout the apartment, while others stayed stacked in the office space Jungkook had turned into a studio.

Jungkook had re-created "Space Case" on a single wall in the bedroom that the two shared that was completely empty. Of course black was still his favorite color, but meeting Taehyung gave him the idea to let more bright colors in his life.

The new home was like their last apartments put into one, except much better. It was very spacious considering that the art gallery was paying the majority of the rent. Jungkook and Taehyung also insisted to pay a fraction of it.

To add to all of the new changes, Taehyung had finally gotten a job. He was now an art journalist, working for the New York Times. Him and Jungkook now both had well paying jobs and both were well known throughout the art industry.

Jungkook had begun to show his face on social media. He wasn't as nervous as he used to be. His anxiety had gotten better to the point where he went entire weeks without having any attacks or being unbearably depressed. It was like he was actually pleased with himself for the first time in his life. Something that he doesn't ever remember happening before. He was finally happy.

The two still hadn't found any friends, but with all of the media attention the couple were receiving, they were sure some would come along at some point, but they weren't too concerned. They were perfectly content with just the company of each other.

At this point in time, Jungkook was to begin on the mural in 3 days, and Taehyung would be the one documenting the progress.

The boys sat in their apartment. Taehyung sat on the couch, watching television while simultaneously going through paper work.

   Jungkook worked in his studio where he was currently working on a piece that was quite different from what he's done in the past. Drawing people was something he had always loved to do, but he never painted them. Getting skin tones and mixing different shades was something he could never have enough patience to do. But he found a specific way to combine his usual style into what he wanted to do.

Taehyung was growing insanely bored with reading through all of the papers infront of him. He leaned back against the couch and rubbed his eyes.

"Jungkookie," he yelled into the other room where Jungkook was working.

"Yeah?" The younger replied.

"I'm bored. We should go out tonight."

"I'm a little busy right now."

Taehyung raised an eyebrow and stood up from the couch. Jungkook usually would always take a break and comeback later if the two decided to make plans. He made his way to Jungkook's studio and slowly opened the door, causing the younger to pick up his notebook that contained many pages of watercolor paper and turn it away from Taehyung.