Chapter 2 ¤ Meet the Twins

Wait, but like right now?
No, I understand but,
Yes, it's just that it's such short notice and I have my girls with me.
Yes, Mrs. Hernandez I get it. Yes.
I'll be there shortly.

A panicked Lauren Jauregui ran over to her closet and quickly chose a pair of black heels. Her boss had called her in at such short notice since there were last minute changes to a catering gig. It was supposed to be the following day but the owner received a sudden change of date.

Becky was not to be home all day today and her regular babysitter was booked. Lauren didn't know what she was to do so she pulled up her friends number and called her, all the while getting ready.

Hey there sunshine!
Yeah I'm doing great.
Say can I ask you something?
Yes about the twins.
Really!?
Oh thank you!
Sure send her over, love you sunshine see ya in a bit.

"Girls! Come here nuggets!" A couple footsteps were heard running down the hallway and the door burst open a couple seconds later.

"Yes mama?" Asked a paint covered twin, the oldest.

"What did you two do now?" Lauren playfully teased and picked up both girls. "I have to leave for work today-"

"But mama you said you weren't going to work and that-"

"We was to make brownies and watch a movie." The twins pouted and Lauren couldn't help but kiss their purple and pink spotted cheeks.

"I'm sorry, but I just got a call. But tell ya what, tomorrow we can go out for breakfast and get-"

"Pan con canela!" They all said together.

"Yes nuggets, french toast it is. Now the sitter should be here so please be on your best behavior."

The twins nodded but behind their backs they had their small fingers crossed. On their way out from their mom's room they both smirked at each other and went to go get changed. They had a plan and they were sure their new babysitter would be very confused.

****
A bell rang through the living room and a hurried Lauren grabbed her bag and keys. Swining the door open she didn't have time to make eye contact with the woman as she was texting her impatient boss.

"Glad you're here. Go on in, help yourself to anything in the kitchen. Feel free to do anything you'd like around the house. I left money on the counter in case you wanna order something. I'll be back around midnight, I think. Bye my nuggets!" And with that being said while she walked to the elevator the babysitter was left confused.

She was called by her bestfriend to see if she could do her a favor. Of course she said 'yes anything for her bestie', but she never said she was to babysit and she didn't even know how many children. Nevertheless, she walked in, closed the door and took off her favorite white Converse.

"Hello?" She said aloud but no one answered her. "Where could the kid be?" Walking up the stairs to check in the bedroom, she was surprised to see a little girl run into a room quickly.

She followed where she went and looked inside. The girl sat on her bed facing away from her. Just as she was entering the room something tugged her shirt making her look behind her.

There was the little girl giggling at her, confusion was written all over the babysitters face and it only increased as she looked back into the now empty room. When she looked behind her the girl wasn't there anymore but running down the stairs with, she squinted her eyes which widened. She was holding a pair of scissors.

Her body reacted and quickly went to the stairs when she heard a giggle behind her.

"What is going on?" She muttered, quite scared at the behavior of the small girl. Then she noticed it. Hanging right on the wall by the stairs, in a star decorated frame with a small caption.