Chapter 5 ¤ School Trouble

It was a week before the girls had to enter school and Lauren had yet to buy them new shoes and skirts. Their school only had one dress code rule: Boys wear pants or shorts, girls wear skirts with leggings or just the skirt. They could wear any shirt they wanted and Lauren didn't like the dress code but it was the only elementary school around.

Currently, Camila had taken the girls shopping and was now looking at fingernail polish for herself while Mia looked with her and Luna played a game on Camila's phone.

"Oh, Cami look at this color!" Camila looked away from the shell colored nail polish she was holding.

Noticing it was Mia's favorite color, lavender, Camila smiled. "You like it? We can buy it if you'd like."

"Can we!? Yes please Cami."

"Ugh, mores paint for your fingers?" Whined Luna. She disliked the idea of painting her nails, in fact she also hated the school's dress code since she hated skirts. "Can we get this one?"

It was a black nail polish, and seeing as Luna's favorite colors consisted of dark ones Camila nodded and paid for the five small bottles of nail polish.

Now they were off to look for a couple more skirts and bows, per Mia's request. They tried on different colors and designs, Camila trying to persuade Luna to try some on. In the end Luna had enough for the week while Mia only got two since she already had a closet full.

"Can we's get somethin' to eats now?"

"Sure but first we need to make a quick stop for your school bags. Then we can go pay your mama a surprise visit at work okay?" Luna nodded and Mia was jumping up and down.

They were both holding Camila's hands while walking in the small mall. Mia was swinging her hand back and forth skipping with Camila helping her out. Luna was never the type to act 'silly' out in public but with Camila she always found herself doing just that. So instead of trying to let go of Camila's hand like she did with her mom, Luna started joining in and giggling with them. Sure they got a couple stares from people but they didn't mind, they were having too much fun.

"Cami, can I have that one?"

"The Superman one?"

"No! The Batgirl one." Camila got up on her tiptoes and grabbed the bag. A grey, Batgirl bag, straps with the logo and a mini pink cape covering it also containing the bat logo. "It's cute."

"I don'ts know how yous like superheros. They bes for nerds." Luna commented while she grabbed her own bag. A plain red backback with white straps.

"Well, then maybe I am one. By the way it's a geeky thing. Besides I know I'm a geek." Mia replied and put the bag on her back.

"Alright girls, Luna likes what she likes and Mia likes what she likes. Now off to surprise your mama."

"Yo, I thinks you needa pay for this shtuff."

"Oh Luna, we have got to stop leaving you under the care of Zendaya." Apparently Luna had been watching another TV show with Zendaya and had picked up the accent.

****
"Aye Lauren, can you go clean up table three please."

"Will do Ally." As Lauren walked over to the table she failed to recognize the three bodies reading the menu. "Sorry there, allow me to clean the-"

"Hi mama!"  The twins quickly set the menu down .

"Oh shhhhh- sheep!" Climbing over Camila's lap, both of her daughters went up to her and hugged Lauren.

"Surprise!" After kissing their heads and hugging them back, Camila decided to speak up.

"Nice save there Lolo."