Day 6 : A Letter To A Stranger

Dear Stranger,

I know your initials but I don't know your name.
So that makes you a stranger, I guess.

I don't know why I decided to write you this letter. Maybe because I think about you sometimes.
Last month. Last month I found a letter on the ground. Your letter. A love letter of sorts.

It was addressed to a girl from my school. I think you'd dropped it or she'd thrown it away?
I don't know which. I like to think the former.

I'm sorry things have to be this way. Your letter. I'm sorry she doesn't feel the same way.
I respect you. You know. For getting it all out in that one letter. It's such a damn shame it was lying on the ground, trampled. Like your heart? You wrote so.

You shouldn't be so hung up on all the times she said she cares for you. People who care for you don't do that. I am not trying to make you feel worse but as far as I know you don't break a person's heart and say that you still care about them because if you really do care about them, that much, you wouldn't break their hearts in the first place.

I wish I knew you. I wish I could hold your hand and give you the comfort. I wish I could be there. I don't know who you are. If that was an old letter. If you're with her now.

If you're with her now then I wish you luck. I'm so glad you found your hearts desire. I'm so happy for you.

If you're not with her then I'm so sorry. Sometimes you don't get what you want because there are better things in store.
This doesn't have anything to do with the way you are. Sometimes you can give someone the entire world and it will still not be enough. Please know that you are lovable.
Your time will come with somebody some day. I'm still waiting for mine.
In the mean time you should work on important stuff like love for yourself.

I am sorry I read your letter. Please don't feel attacked. I was not trying to invade your privacy.

It's adorable you know. How much you love her.
If I were her, I would definitely love you back.

I wish I could do something to help you. I'm not talking about fixing you. I'm talking about listening to all the endless things you might have to say. I know you do. I would too.

But I don't know who you are. Except the fact that your initials are N.P. and you are completely in love with someone who doesn't love you back. I know you're head strong and definite. I adore that. Absolutely.

I can't do things different. I'm sorry. I can just write you this letter that I'm never going to send your way.

I hope the best for you.
It's only always we fall for people we can't have. It's only always that things will be okay.
Nothing is constant, dear.
You might love her today. You might love her tomorrow. You might feel like you'll love her forever.
But that'll pass.

I hope you get better. I'm so sorry you fell for someone you couldn't have. I'm sorry the fall broke you.
I want you to know though. That things get better. And if they don't, then you do.

Some day you'll find someone who'll love you the way you love.
Someday you'll have her. Someone to read all the hand written letters you've written her, telling her about the fire in her eyes and how she makes the world a better place to live in. You'll tell her she's beautiful, and she will believe it.
She will fall in love with the way you've managed to draw together all the things you feel and put them into words.

And no matter how bad you're feeling right now. Some day it's going to get better.
When you wake up and hear her singing her "Fast Cars" in the shower.
When you swear to yourself that her voice sounds better than a million Tracy Chapman's put together.
You'll wake up to have her kiss your mouth and you'll take in the scent of her lavender oil like its an antidote to the poison inside you. Like that one kiss and her scent can heal all your brokeness. Like its enough to get you through the day.
And maybe it will be. Enough.

So stranger, I want you to hold on.
You'll have love figured out. Even though it's pretty darn messed up right now.
You'll have it all figured out.
S O M E D A Y.

Adorations,
Blythe ❤