Chapter 4

My heart is sinking deeper and deeper. I've searched every corner of this house, only to increase my distress. I asked Henry where she was because he was the only one who kept his eyes stuck to her, unfortunately he didn't know that as well. I hope she does not get that attack again.

"God, please keep her safe wherever she is" I silently prayed.

What ? Kate? Well, she came up to me because she didn't have a partner. I pinned her to someone else and that's when I left her. The reason I pinned her to someone else was what she asked for. She was absolutely aware that I didn't dance for her so she asked me to find someone else. And that's exactly I did.

Horribly, everything went wrong. You wanna know what was it,  right?
I did that to make Allyse feel uneasy. I did that to hurt her. I did that to shove her away from me. Now when she is really away, I am the one left with infinite amount of uneasiness. But why on
earth am I worried about her?

'It's because you still care about her' my inner voice added a comment.

'No I don't' I made a mental note. I was quite cautious of my surroundings. I didn't dare to reply my inner voice in a tone that was audible to anyone.

'You shouldn't deny the feelings you feel' was the answer I received. I am not denying any feelings. It's just humanity, isn't it? I am making sure she is safe. Its past midnight and she is nowhere to be seen in here. She must have left the house, but with whom? Her only ride was Derek, but he is busy sucking life out of the other girl in his arms. Perhaps, she left alone. This is what is driving me crazy. Her only options were going by foot or hire a taxi. These days, especially at this time, it is an ocean full sharks looking for fresh meat out there. What if someone takes advantage of her?
"Urghh" I mentally groaned. Why did she have to be so sensitive? She could have changed her partner tonight, just as Derek did. Why does she have to react this way?

"You are the cause of her detriment, not Derek"

I rubbed my hand over my face in frustration. I just couldn't keep calm anymore. I need to find her at any cost.

"You okay, Mark?" Jake interrupted pulling me out of the world of my thoughts.
"Nothing, dude. Just feeling a bit unwell" that was actually supposed to be a bit well instead of a bit unwell.
Jake didn't seemed satisfied by my answer.
He raised an eyebrow "Is it really A BIT UNWELL?" he asked stressing the words at the end. This guy knows me far too much than I thought. I have to cover this up with something else "yeah, it is a lot more than a bit. My head is aching. I guess I need to get some sleep" but in reality it was my heart that ached. And for that I need to find Allyse. I rose from my comfortable seat. Though it was named comfortable, it didn't comfort me in any way.
"See you in school then. You better get over with your headache, remember we have a practice match on Monday" he smiled satisfactorily to which I returned my forced smile. Honestly, smiling was never this difficult. The moment I turned around, my smile instantaneous dropped. Yes, you're right. I'm leaving this party. Not for sleeping but to find Allyse.

I was walking through the porch, I could see a couple of Jake's guests here also, lying down gazing at the stars. I know how beautiful the sky looks now. Allyse and I often did star gazing. I made my way out and approached my car. I sat in the driving seat followed by insertion of the key. I was about to rotate to key in order to start the engine but then something clicked my mind. I quickly stepped out of the car and started looking out for her around the place.

***

I don't think I've missed out any place around. I walked back to my car after my worthless effort to find her. Just as I was opening my car, I heard a glass break sound. I ran to the source of the sound. It wasn't really difficult to make out the sound was coming from. It is dead silent. As soon as I reached there, I found broken glass of the champagne on the road and next what I saw caught my breath in. This time my heart dropped  down tk my stomach.