Beautiful [Chapter 19]

"She moved with shameless wonder

The perfect creature rarely seen

Her eyes look sharp and steady

Through truly empty parts of me"

"Foreigner's God" -Hozier

           There was no time for Ophelia to explain her discoveries to anyone; not yet. Wanda had changed into her sleek outfit; black leather pants, a red top that hugged her body brilliantly, and a long red leather jacket that clung to her slender hips. Ophelia looked at her with absolute wonder; they were not so different the two of them, and while they had not met under the best of circumstances, Ophelia was happy to be on the same side as her. She longed to be friends with Wanda.

         They walked out of the washrooms, Ophelia already feeling slightly uncomfortable with the weaponry she was wearing. A lot of it was derived from the same source as Natasha's gear. Electric pulse bracelets that would shock and stun an attacker, small discs that would stun someone for a short while. That was all Ophelia was able to get her hands on, but she had a feeling she wouldn't be using them much.

           Everyone was ready to go in the parkade when they returned, and they all had an obvious edge to their posture. Bucky studied Ophelia as she walked over, and she did not blush for one of the first times. It was not because she was less excited that Bucky was still attracted to her, still longed for her, still loved her. It was because there was a flow of confidence running through her powerful-feeling veins. She walked with her shoulders back and her head high, and Bucky noticed her movements shift. There was nothing hindering her, and Bucky's lips parted as a slight sigh came from his lips. 

          She was finally realizing who she was, and it was beautiful.

          "We have to assume that this won't end with words," Steve announced to them, "Tony's not going to listen, but we have to try. I'm willing to bet Nat is here too, which means the Quinjet should be here. Falcon, send Red Wing out to look for it. I want you, Bucky and Ophelia to stay inside the terminal. Clint and Wanda, I need you close. Lang, you too."

           "No," Bucky said. "They're here for me. I don't want O with me."

           Ophelia glanced at him, but did not argue. "I can go with Wanda and Clint."

           Steve nodded. "Good idea. Either way, we're all getting out of here. This isn't the real fight."

           "Let's hope you can talk some sense into him, then," Clint said with a sympathetic smile suggesting he didn't think it possible.

           "Yeah right." Scott laughed at that thought.

            Ophelia strode over to Bucky in front of everyone, her eyes looked up and met his stunning blue ones. There was always going to be something she loved about Bucky, and right now, it was the pride in his eyes and he revealed when he saw Ophelia emerge in her outfit with a confidence in her walk. He lifted his hand up and placed it upon her shoulder; normally he would have brought it around the back of her neck and snaked his fingers through her brown hair, but they did not have the time today. Instead, he briefly kissed her and the two parted.

           "Stay safe," he told her.

           "I wouldn't worry." Ophelia smiled, looking over at Wanda, who too was smiling.