Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen - "Okay girls, prepare to see the performance of a lifetime."

Thursday

"Do you like him?" Yes.

"I think I do." I reply through the phone blushing at my confession.

"This causes for a celebration, sleepover with the girls round? I'll bring skittles." Cora says. Damn her, she knows I have a skittles weakness and will yes say to anything involving them.

"Sure come round Friday night." I reply, we say out goodbyes and I hand up the phone.

Buzz

Please don't be Austin please don't be Austin.

Unknown: Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to come to a party round mine Saturday night. Xx

And you are..?? As if reading my mind I get another text.

Unknown: This is Jay btw xx

I save his number and instantly reply.

Me: Hey how did u get my number? And I would love to can I bring my friends? Xx

I say I'm not a party goer but I am going to quite a few party's recently.

Buzz

Jay: I have my sources ;) and yeh bring as many as u want xx

Me: Awesome I'll be there xx

I immediately text Cora.

Me: Hey we are going to a party Saturday so the girls and you can get ready at my place after u sleep round. Xxx

Cora: Perf babe who's party ;) xxx

Me: Jaysssss :0 ;) xxx

Cora: Ooh get in there Sammy! Ttyl girl love you xxx

I smile at her enthusiasm then start to worry, is he expecting something? Will he want me to do stuff with him? Oh God, let's just not think about it and go to school.

I shove on some faded blue jeans and a baggy grey top and shove on my leather jacket being a bit biker today. I shove on my boots and plug in my earphones singing along to You Suck at Love by Simple Plan.

I walk or more like run to school as I missed the bus putting on some makeup, typical the one day I take notice of my appearance is the one day I need to rush.

I get into school halfway through lesson one, English great I'm gonna get another detention. Might even get five if he's in a bad mood.

I walk in and all eyes turn on me.

"Why are you late Sam?" Sir says glaring at me.

"Sorry Sir I missed the bus so had to run to school." I say a little out of breath.

"You should be on time from now on, you need to manage your time better and you have a detention after school on Monday." He says and I glare at him while he looks at his laptop to inform the head that I'll be in detention.

I analyse a few poems then give up not feeling in the mood for English and begin drawing in my notebook. I look through the pages.

A quotes and references page to various TV shows and movies I love, my eyes glance to one phrase: "Bow ties are cool". If only girl gamers were cool doctor. If only.

I flick through the pages geeky ones of computes and my art for my own game ideas, doodles of numbers and notebooks when I'm bored in classes and infinite patterns that I can add to whenever I want to.