Chapter 27

Chapter Twenty Seven - "WHERE IS SHE?"

Sam's POV

"I'm not saying this." He's not making me say this.

"Yes, you are."

"No." I retaliate sternly.

"You will if you want to live." He still hasn't even turned to face me yet, still trying to hide his identity.

"You should listen to your friend Samantha. Everything will be so much smoother if you just cooperate." Donovan says reappearing in the room. He left soon after he dropped the bomb that he killed Cassidy - just walked right out the room. Such an ass.

"You killed her you're a monster. I don't associate with monsters." He doesn't seem phased by the death stare I'm currently giving him.

"You associated with Dylan." Dylan's not a monster...

Just an asshole.

"Let's just do the stupid tape." I say putting down the card, not having the will to argue with him anymore.

"Finally." Donovan sighs handing the camera to the traitor I once thought was nice.

"Donovan wants his money, in a week. Otherwise I'll be joining Cassie."

"Well that wasn't very enthusiastic." Donovan complains with a look on his face that says 'seriously?'

"I'm not much of an actor." I reply through gritted teeth. He looks at one of his men and gives him some type of a signal.

The man walks towards me, a hint of sympathy in his eyes.

And punches my square in the stomach.

Okay so maybe Dylan isn't an asshole, this guy is.

"Now let's try again." The camera's turned on again, one certain guard still not managing to even make eye contact with me.

With tears in my eyes I look square into the camera, clutching my stomach and mentally pleading Dylan to not do anything stupid.

Dylan's POV

I may have done something stupid.

So when I realised what had happened I called Donovan straight away and shouted, well - screamed, at him. He didn't say anything but hung up, making me even more pissed.

But before I have the time to call him back he sent me a video of Sam sitting in a house, Donovan's house.

Our family used to have frequent visits round that house when we were 'well off' so I instantly recognised where she was.

She was in pain, clutching her stomach like someone had hurt her and so, naturally, in response I clutched my phone tighter, almost cracking it.

"Donovan wants his money, in a week. Otherwise I'll be joining Cassie." Does she know about Cassie? She can't know.

I need to go get her.

"He's here." The guard at the gate says into his radio, presumably notifying another guard.

It took me almost two hours to get to Donovan's house - we moved far away when Dad lost all his money as he couldn't take the embarrassment.

"Go on in." The guard waves sarcastically at me and I return his was with an equally sarcastic smile. He obviously doesn't like the fact I owe his boss money.

I drive my motorbike straight up to the front door and practically sprint to the door. I bang my fist on the door, surprised that it doesn't go straight through.