Chapter 8

I open my eyes, but I can barley see anything. It's dark. I look around, back and forth. I sit up and my head starts to throb, so I lay back down. I realize I'm in a bed as my head sinks into the pillow. It's warm and comfortable. I don't know where I am or how I got here, but I'm glad I'm not still lying on the sidewalk. And I'm glad I'm away from Harry and Marley and Jared and that whole mess. Obviously I have some sort of head injury, I can't even sit up without getting dizzy. My eyes start to adjust. I can make out the objects in the room now.

I can't stand lying here in some strange bed, in a strange room, in a stranger's house. I have to figure out where I am. I sit up as slowly as possible, swing my legs over the bed, and stand up. My head still throbs, but I don't care. I walk towards the door, tripping and stumbling, as if the room were spinning.

I pull the door open slowly and I'm blinded by a bright light. I squint seeing a narrow hallway leading up to a door at the end. My feet step out onto the cold, hardwood floor. I put a hand on each side of the wall and hold myself up as I walk slowly down the hall. My head feels as though it will explode at any moment. I stop walking. I lean my body against the wall and hold my head with both hands. It feels like the worst headache I've ever had, times a million.

The room spins faster and faster. I'm starting to see colors everywhere. Blue, purple, and black swirl around everything. I close my eyes tightly and slide down the wall to where I'm sitting now. I lay on the floor and the spinning slows down, but the throbbing doesn't stop. I blackout.

The next thing I know, I'm being carried. I look to see who it is, but my vision is blurred and I can't make out the features of his face. He lays me down. I squeeze my eyes together and blink until I can see

clearly. A boy about Harry's age looks down at me with a worried look on his face. His blonde hair falls just over his piercing blue eyes that stare into mine. "Are you okay?" He says frantically. I look at him for a moment and he looks at me. "Are you?" He says. "Does your head still hurt?"

"Um no, I-I'm fine." I mange to get out. A flood of relief fills his face.

"Good." He says and smiles. "You scared me."

"Where am I?" I ask.

"My house." He says smiling even bigger. "When you passed out on the sidewalk I brought you in here to rest. I was afraid you wouldn't wake up. I'm glad you did though."

"Well, thank you." I smile at him. "How long was I out?"

"You were out all night." He answers.

"Oh okay. What time is it?"

"It's about 10:30."

"And I never got your name."

"Oh, sorry." He laughs. "I'm Niall and you?"

"Ally." I smile back. We sit there for a moment just staring at each other. There is just something about him that's comforting. He makes me feel safe and happy. Maybe it's his smile, or the way his eyes sparkle. Either way, I like him.

"Well, you hungry Ally?" he asks me.

"Yes, very." I answer.

"Okay, you just sit tight. I'll be right back." He smiles and walks away. He goes into a room that I'm assuming is the kitchen. I really have nothing to do but lay here, so I close my eyes.

When I open them Niall is standing over me with a plate full of breakfast foods. I sit up and take it from him. "Thank you." I say and smile at him.

He smiles back at me and sits next to me on the couch. "So, what were you running away from?" He asks me.

Tears fill my my eyes at the thought Harry. "My boyfriend." I saw as calm as possible.

"What did he do?" He asks. I look into his eyes and start to cry.

"I dont really want to talk about it." I say as I start to cry harder. He puts his arm around me and pulls me closer to him. I lay my head on his shoulder.

"You can tell me anything." He says.

"I walked in on him kissing another girl. I just had to get away from them."

"I'm sorry."  He says. "You know what?"

"What?"

"You don't need him. And you know why?"

"Why?"

He smiles, stares into my eyes, and kisses me. "Because you have me."

Ok guys I know this one is short, but the next chapter will be longer I promise.

I haven't been on here for a while. I've been kinda busy with life and all. I'm gonna try to post a new chapter every week from now on.

And thank you all soooo much for over 600 reads already! (: