✧1✧

My alarm went off at 7:30 alarming me to wake up for school. It was Monday, meaning we only had 1 month of school left and then it would be summer.
I think about the places I could go and the things my friends and I could do as I dress myself in my school uniform: plaid skirt, button down white blouse, and black socks up to my knees. My mom- who is practically always out of the house- hasn't bothered to pay the school bill for a new uniform since sophomore year (year 10).
So, every day after washing and drying this skirt and blouse and putting them on my body, I think to myself how awfully terrible I must look in clothes a size too small but fine around my waist. I've just grown in...other places...

As I pad downstairs and into the small modern kitchen, I notice my mother sitting at the table drinking coffee.
"I thought you'd already left for work?" I say and grab orange juice from the fridge.
"I would've. Today they let everyone have the day off...reconstruction of the third floor or something." She replies. I nod my head and take a few sips of my drink before grabbing my bag to head out and walk to school.
"Walking today?" My mother calls before I get out the door.
"Just like every other day, mom."
"I can have Franco pick you up?" She says.
"What?" I walk back into the kitchen.
"The man who's wife used to babysit you all the time? His wife is out of town and he was offering to help drive you to and home from school because of how busy work is for me. Even though I don't have work today I still have things to get done." I consider this for a moment and shrug. I could care less either way.
"He should be here any minute."

So I head outside and shiver in the cold for a few minutes before a shining silver Mercedes Benz pulls up in front of my house. A tall man gets out of the drivers side and comes to open the door for me.
I climb in and shut the door myself as he is already climbing into the driver's seat again. He turns to me once he puts on his seatbelt.
His eyes are dark and pierce into mine. Intense. I haven't seen him since I was, like, 9. His dimples show proudly as he smirks at me. Light stubble scatters his chin and jawline and I notice all to well the features of his chiseled face. My attention is draw impossibly quickly to his lips... his full, round-
His voice brings me out of my trance.
"You've certainly grown up."
"I guess you could say so." I say, my voice more airy than I expected. He puts the vehicle into drive and I notice his eyes looking at my thighs. I squirm slightly out of nerves and his eyes move to the road. We sit in a comfortable silence for a minute or so and then he speaks.

"So... how's school going?" His voice is deeper than I remember.

"It's alright." I say, turning my head and looking at him. I only notice I'm staring when he glances over at me. I squeeze my thighs together which I assume is a nervous habit, right?

"Yeah? What's your favorite subject." He replies and I notice his hands clutching slightly harder onto the wheel.

"My favorite subject is art or English..." He nods and we are silent the rest of the way. Once I get out he tells me he'd like to drive me home after school and to be at the back of the school instead of the front so he doesn't have to go through the crowded lot. I nod and smile and begin my day.

-

At 3:00, the last bell rings and my stomach fills with nervousness as I begin to walk to the back lot. My heart pounds and I fix my hair along my shoulders. I see his car parked and he's changed from a blazer and slacks to dark joggers and a maroon tee. My mouth opens slightly as I notice he's smoking. He takes a puff and blows it out slowly as he drops the cigarette and squishes it under his foot. I finally reach him and probably look like an idiot just standing in front of him and watching him.

"Hi." I finally say, my voice is barely a whisper and he smirks.

"Hi, angel." He stares at me for a few seconds before getting in the car. I am snapped out of a fantasy and climb into the passenger side. My skirt flies up as I sit down and I pull it down quickly. I look over to make sure he didn't see but his eyes are locked on my legs as my thighs unconsciously squeeze together like this morning. He looks up at me and I blush as I pull my bag in and shut the door.