✧3✧

The next morning I awake to the light coming through the blinds. I adjust the blanket that falls over my body and take a deep breath before sitting up groggily and wiping my eyes. On the recliner next to the couch I'm on is a sleeping man with a perfectly chiseled face. For a second I forgot about everything last night and that could be because I was slightly intoxicated... on beer or him? I can't remember.

I do my best to keep quiet as I slowly get off the couch and to the bathroom. I lean over the sink as memories of last night flood my mind. I look up at myself in the mirror and take a deep breath. I wash my hands and quickly wash my face before brushing my teeth. I rub the leftover mascara from underneath my eyes and gently tousle my hair in attempt to make myself look slightly more presentable.

When I walk out he's in the kitchen leaning against the counter with his phone in hand. When he sees me he puts the phone down and I give him a little smile.

"Hi." I say, leaning against the table across from him. He looks uncomfortable and suddenly I'm extremely nervous.

"Hey, um, I think I need to go." He says, his voice is slightly scratchy and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't weak at the thought of that voice telling me to call him dirty names last night...

I'm quickly snapped out of my memory as he steps past me and grabs his jacket from the couch before smiling and awkwardly leaving the house.

What the hell?

I make myself an egg and a couple slices of bacon, all the while wondering why he left so suddenly. Does he regret it? Did he just use me? Did I do something wrong? I know I'm overthinking so I quickly finish my breakfast and invite a friend from school over. My mom won't be back until Monday, and it's Saturday morning. If he doesn't want to hang out with me, someone else will.

Rachel arrives at my house in less than 15 minutes which gave me just enough time to change out of my scandalous attire and into a pair of loose high waisted shorts- that I probably shouldn't wear considering you can partially see my ass but I do anyways- with a tight but modest tank top. My hair is lightly curled and falls down my back nicely. I even put on some makeup.

We hang out in my bedroom, talking about drama at school and who's asking whom to homecoming. I really could care less, but I will admit that it's taking my mind off of the strange behavior of James this morning. I begin to find myself paying less attention to the conversation and more on the way his hands were on my body less than 24 hours ago, so I stand and begin to tidy my room.

It's around noon when we begin to get hungry and decide to go out to grab lunch at a fast food place. We can't decide between tacos or McDonald's, so we go to both. We get cheap drinks and fries from McDonald's, then get like, 6 different flavored tacos to share.

We eat in the car in a random neighborhood adjacent to the two fast food restaurants. The street is quiet, but we are playing nice music in the car while we talk and eat. A few cars come and go but I'm not really paying attention until it catches my eye: a silver Mercedes. Shit.

I continue conversation with Rachel as I watch him pull into a driveway. A cute brown house with rock pillars outside and a green lawn with flowers perfectly lining the walk way to the front door. He is wearing a black tee and dark glasses. I hate myself for thinking he's gorgeous and he locks the car before heading to the door.

The first rock pillar is slightly blocking my view, but I subtly shift in my chair and can see the front door as it swings open. A short blonde woman opens the door wearing yoga pants and a plain tee. I try not to cringe and blink my eyes to make sure what I'm seeing isn't a mirage.

They hug, and he pushes her against the wall next to the door. Before their lips meet, he shuts the door. My eyes sting with tears but I blink to stop them from releasing.