[11] FitzSimmons

Fitzsimmons and I spent most of our morning in the lab alone. Many of the agents passing by the door were talking about Coulson and Price, which wasn't making us settle down any easier.

"I-I don't understand any of this." I mumble, fiddling around with the book in my hands. I wasn't an adult, nor was I out of school yet so I did most of my schoolwork with textbooks and assignments provided by Coulson and May.

"What? Coulson and Price?" Fitz asked. "I don't think anyone understood them, to be completely honest with you."

"No, it's just... I don't know." I sigh. "Ever since that Hulk incident those years ago, I feel that the whole world has just gotten worse. You know? The Avengers, Loki, SHIELD. Even with this whole thing now, I used to be a normal teenage girl, and now I'm wanted all over Australia." I tell them. Simmons placed her hand on my shoulder and squeezed gently.

"I know this is hard, trust me. Everything will eventually get better." I nod, going back to reading through Shakespeare and his plays. The door opens and I look up to see Banks - Price's second hand man. He hurt me, taunted me and pushed me down whenever I tried to get up. He endlessly called me names like "monster" and "freak", and now he was here in front of me. I get up from the chair, dropping the book in front of me as Mack leads him into the room.

"What-What's he doing here." I stutter, seeing a sad smirk appear on his face.

"Bex, relax. He's here to help."

"I don't care if he's here to help. You all do realise what he did to me. He physically hurt me." I yell, watching the man fold his hands and place them behind his back. Fitzsimmons were over at the table and Mack was standing in between Banks and I.

"Please, Bex. He's only here for a bit." Mack pleaded with me. I bend down and grab the book, glaring at all of them as I rush out of the room. I race down the hall and enter my own room once again, locking it behind me for an extra precaution.

After moving out of the cell, they had rewarded me one of the biggest rooms on base. Now it wasn't Tony Stark big, but it was a lot bigger than the one I had at home. It was painted a neutral grey with white details, paired with a white and black on suite and walk-in wardrobe. To be honest, I spent most of my time in here, only because there wasn't much a teenager could do in a top secret government base.

I didn't want to see Banks again, so I did what I had to until he left with Fitzsimmons to go to a facility. I played around on the SHIELD laptop, did school work, painted my nails and even spent 15 minutes staring at the room above my bed, counting each individual squares making up a panel. It's just over 870, if you were wondering.

I only came out later for lunch, when Daisy knocked on my door, poking her head in and seeing me laying down.

"Hey, everyone's gone. You want to come out now?" She asked. I nodded my head and leaped from my bed, racing out towards the kitchen. I was starving. Daisy chuckled and followed behind me, sitting in the seat across from me as she watched me eat fairy bread. Aussie delicacy, mate.

"I don't understand what your raging is, with that." She tells me.

"What's wrong with Fairy Bread?" I gasp.

"Fairy bread? It's literally just sprinkles and butter."

"Uh." I put down the piece of bread and glare. "For 1, it's NOT just sprinkles and butter, it is a true Aussie way of eating lunch or having party food. And 2, it's margarine." I pick it up, and shove the whole piece into my mouth, making Daisy wince.

"American food it better." She tells me.

"Australian food is healthier." I respond. She frowns and shakes her head.