Chapter One

I walk down the hall. No one sees me. I am the type that isn't seen. On my comms unit I hear Agent Jackson shout into his earpiece, "Elizabeth!"

"Ms. Westwood." I correct him. It's such a habit it just rolls of my tongue.

He sighs angrily. I tell him all the time, but he never seems to learn. As a sixteen year old and the best spy of this generation; I deserve a proper name. Ms. Westwood is what I prefer and everyone needs to know.

"Ms. Westwood" He corrects himself. "How about YOU STAY AWAY FROM THE CAMERA THREE FEET AWAY FROM YOU!" He screams.

I know he's right, but I don't care about cameras. I get things done the way I want them done. I can hack the footage out later! It's no big deal.

"You have no right to yell at me as I am in a higher class and-" He cuts me off.

"Elizabeth! Watch out!" On instinct I duck.

Jackson and I may fight sometimes, but we make the best team! He does the behind the scenes stuff and I do the field work.

I roundhouse kick the man coming after me. It lands satisfyingly in his gut. His black suit makes him look just like a spy; exactly what the "bad guys" mess up on. I; in my common sweatshirt and jeans am almost impossible to tail. They most likely heard me yelling into my comms! I now realize that was a bad idea.

I roundhouse kick another man in a black suit. After all the men are down I grab the file I had been sent to grab. There were five men, but now they're all on the ground. Ahhh... Another completed mission. I have now completed over six hundred missions. It's no big deal; but it is.

I run out of the pale office building and reach the US Government helicopter flying above me. Another mission complete! I cannot wait to get back to headquarters!

High praise will be given for this. Not that I'm not used to it. I'm the best spy in the business! This all comes naturally to me, my natural talent is spying, what's yours?

I have collected a multi-billion dollar file! It has information on the biggest enemy spy agents of the entire US Government! My best friends, Leanne and Lisa, will be SO excited for me! Even though Lisa is here she'll still be excited! When I return to my school, a school for spies in case you wanted to know, she'll be so proud!

She's my best friend for tons of reasons! Leanne doesn't care about being the best; just about getting the job done. She'll never be my competition. She's one of the least competitive people I know. I'm not trying to say that I'm just so awesome that she's not close to my level. I'm not. She is an excellent spy! I'm just trying to say that we never have to go up against each other.

Lisa is my best friend because she gets along so well with everbody, especially me. Our personalities clash perfectly!

I miss her. Even though we've only been apart for six hours I miss her so much! We've been friends since we were three months old! It's hard to miss Lisa since she's in a helicopter waiting for me.

My mom who, of course was a spy, died nine years ago. I went into foster care right afterwards I was adopted. Only a week later I was adopted by Leah McMaster and David McMaster. I am Elizabeth Westwood. My foster parents say that I caught their eyes by my long dark red hair. My foster parents; who I will now call my parents; are not spies. The McMaster family are all in accounting. My aunts, my uncles, my cousins, my grandparents; all in accounting. I am the only spy.

I wish that I could tell my parents the truth about me. I tell them that someday I will go into accounting. I tell them a boarding school scout found me and I got enrolled in boarding school. When I go on missions I say that they are field trips. Almost everything I tell them is a lie. The real information is classified; only for spies. Which they are not.

The helicopter ride is short, but sweet. Agent Jackson looks pleased with our victory, as am I. We both wait in excitement for what is to come. The agents on the helicopter congratulate us and hand us cold water to cool off. The icy water feels good after such a mission. Usually I never get caught.

I wonder what happened. When I look back now I realize that I was not yelling into my comms. I was only whispering, like in my training. Could there be a leak in my team?