Silent Witness

A silent witness; where one could witness the details of a vicious massacre yet not have the power to tell the truth. It all started with the shadows dancing in the night from room to room, with deafening screams running through the household. Then: a figure, standing in the doorway, holding what seemed to be a bag. As the figure neared towards the witness, it became clear that the bag was indeed a female's severed head. Blood vessels at the end of the neck furiously spat out the remaining blood from the head as the woman's eyes were stationary, staring at the ceiling, looking as if an apparition had haunted her. These were her final moments. Regret was seen in the eyes and there was a hint of worry from the tears that dried on her pale cheeks. The figure then relentlessly smashed the decapitated head against glass windows, creating aciculate shards and thick blood spurting onto the witness' face. Abruptly, a window completely shattered and collapsed onto itself - leaving only an empty window sill. Without hesitation, the figure volleyed the battered head through the window, with the bloody projectile landing heavily into the back garden. The entire scene was: brutal. The witness bawled for its 'mommy'; the infant screamed and screamed.